Submit a site
Shopping Bowed Strings
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
David T. Van Zandt, Violin Maker in Seattle, WA
- Links to other violin and bow makers, resources, along with information and photos of Mr. Van Zandt's instruments.
- Provides a portfolio, awards, history, design and varnish secrets. Also includes information on purchasing and appraisals.
- Custom made, hand crafted violins. Instrument pictures, descriptions, and maker biography.
Joseph Curtin Studios
- Violin and viola makers/restorers. Information and brief history of violin making as well as articles of interest. (Ann Arbor, Michigan)
KG - String Instruments
- High-end copies of Guarneri, Stradivari and Montagnana violins, violas and cellos - instruments handmade in China. Based in Australia, supply solely to trade (importers, wholesalers and dealers). Private inquiries welcomed to find local distributors. No prices listed online.
Lazzara, Jamie Marie
- A graduate of the Universita Internazionale d' Arte in Florence, Italy for restoration of fine art. Production is limited to four violins per year with a two year waiting list.
- Craftsmen, players and educators create instruments for direct sale to customers.
- Researcher uses scientific approach to instrument making. Discussion of wood preparation and tone quality.
Raffaello Di Biagio
- Maker and restorer of instruments in the traditional Cremonese style. Biography, gallery, and contact information.
- Fanciful, low cost Chinese violins in assorted colors. Offered by Emma Newton of Merstham, UK.
- Includes photos of violins, biography and links.
- Graduate of the Chicago School of Violin Making exhibits instruments and explains violin repairs and restoration.
Severin Schurger, Inc.
- Miami dealer of certified original violins from the 18th and 19th century. Contemporary and inexpensive instruments also available.
Southern California Association of Violin Makers
- Nonprofit organization in San Diego devoted to advancing the art of violin making. Includes meeting and membership information as well as resources.
Starr and Santiago Violins
- Offering hand made violins and restorations.
The American Federation of Violin and Bow Makers
- Organization devoted to setting the standards for the US and Canadian violin and bow making community. Membership requirements, events and resources for the violin maker are included.
- Illustrates the history and the making of violins. Also includes information about violin composers, playing, family and science.
- Cremona, Italy based violin maker, including biography, gallery of his instruments, and contact information. Pages in English, Italian, and German.
- Books and tapes available from H.S. Wake Publishing.
Violin Making: A Guide for the Amateur
- A book, available online, intended to help the beginning violin maker.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor