Periods and Movements
Submit a site
Anselm of Canterbury
Pisan, Christine de
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Beating the Bounds Between Church and State
- Discussion of the place of literature in medieval culture. From Essays in Medieval Studies.
Dante and Chaucer
- A detailed thesis by R. A. Shoaf, subtitled 'Money, Images, and Reference in Late Medieval Poetry'.
French Middle Ages Literature
- Many links to sites covering general literature and to specific texts and authors.
Late Middle Ages - Language and Literature
- Illustrated introduction covering the decline of Latin and the rise of vernacular languages towards the end of the medieval period in Europe.
Lectures on Medieval Literature
- Links to online lectures at ORB: The Online Reference Book for Medieval Studies.
Medieval Literary Bibliographies
- Useful collection from the University of Rochester, that includes 'Women Writers of the Middle Ages' and 'Medieval English Drama'.
Medieval Manuscript Manual
- Includes an overview of project and basic information on medieval manuscripts.
Medieval Rhetorics of Prose Composition
- Article by Martin Camargo in The Medieval Review.
Medieval Women Writers: Staying Up Late
- Essay by Tilde Sankovitch at Northwestern University.
Middle English Texts
- Collection of important literary texts produced by TEAMS (The Consortium for the Teaching of the Middle Ages).
Portuguese Medieval Literature
- An introduction to the prose and poetry of the country in 'The Age of the Troubador'.
Reaping What Was Sown
- Thesis by Dave Clark, subtitled 'Spencer, Chaucer and The Plowman's Tale'.
The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle
- A modern translation of the most important early English literary work that chronicles the history of the country from AD1-1154
The Camelot Project
- University of Rochester database of texts, images and bibliographies concerned with the legends of King Arthur.
The Evolution of the Lyric Insertion in Thirteenth-Century Narrative
- Discussion of Renart's Roman de la Rose and the medieval narrative.
The Online Medieval and Classical Library (DL SunSITE)
- A collection of important Classical and Medieval literature that includes the Niebelungenlied and many Icelandic Sagas in English translation.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor