Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Practical Guide to Cultural Resource Compliance
- New South Associates explain how to comply with Section 106 of the US National Historic Preservation Act.
- Introduction to the architectural history of Amsterdam, Netherlands, and its preservation, from Municipal Department for Preservation and Restoration of Historic Buildings and Sites.
- A US program to preserve historic farm buildings sponsored by the National Trust for Historic Preservation and Successful Farming magazine. Articles, awards, photo tour, bibliography.
- Cathedral Communications provides a directory of building conservation companies, courses and organizations, mainly in the United Kingdom. Also on-line articles and events listing.
Conserving Tibetan Monasteries
- The China Exploration and Research Society and Kham Aid Foundation provide information on their project to repair Buddhist monasteries and their mural paintings.
Cultural Heritage Charters and Standards
- A review of the principal UNESCO and ICOMOS charters and standards for the preservation of cultural heritage by J.K. Gillon.
Cultural Heritage Search Engine
- A directory of sites related to the conservation of cultural heritage - the natural and urban landscape. English and Italian.
- Specializes in practical books on building conservation, preservation and heritage for architects, surveyors and other preservation practitioners and academics. On-line catalog.
Ecole d'Avignon Historic Preservation Resource Center
- In Avignon, France, offers courses and consulting in historic preservation, decorative painting, and traditional building techniques.
Glossary of Preservation Terms
- Donald Napoli provides definitions for many words and abbreviations commonly used in historic preservation.
Heritage Preservation Services
- The US National Park Service provides illustrated guidelines for rehabilitating historic properties, preservation briefs, information on tax incentives and a catalog of its publications.
Historic Buildings and Structures
- An annotated list describing preservation programs developed by the United States National Park Service. Includes both public and professional sections, with links to each program.
Leaning Tower of Pisa
- An evaluation of future preservation plans for the Leaning Tower by Mark Ludwigson of the Engineering Physics Department, University of Wisconsin.
Masonry Conservation Research Group
- In the Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen describes its research into building stone decay, conservation and historic preservation.
National Center for Preservation Technology and Training
- The U.S. National Park Service provides searchable databases on training, materials, job opportunities, conferences, funding and its grants and projects.
Old House Journal
- Online magazine. Preservation advice for owners of old homes, restoration directory, products, classifieds, bulletin boards.
- Architect Sergio Tinè uses his experience of conserving historic buildings in the island of Ortygia to propose a code of professional practice for urban conservation.
- Aims to preserve and reconstruct ancient wooden buildings, involving business and educational partners from eight European countries. News, projects, personnel.
Pond Lily Mill Restorations
- Ted Hazen supplies extensive, illustrated information on the history and technology of flour milling in America, and the restoration of watermills, with bibliography.
- Umbrella and portal for interrelated sites intended to help meet needs of the US preservation community. Sections include education and training, partnerships, networking, trades, resources.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor