Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Preserve and Protect
- A not-for-profit corporation providing space on the web for historic preservation and environmental protection organizations.
- Bob Pick's resource for US preservationists includes listings of job opportunities and conferences, along with a directory of web-sites related to historic preservation.
- Online resource for restoration and preservation of historic homes and buildings, including listings of suppliers and organizations, articles, message postings, reference sections.
Restoration Trades Exchange
- An online business exchange for the building restoration field in America, featuring directories, job listings, trade forums, regional information.
- A compilation of documents gathered for hand brickmaking re-enactment (c.1850) for a local crafts festival, Somerset County PA.
Riwaq - Centre for Architectural Conservation
- Aims to safeguard Palestinian heritage. Projects, including a national register, publications, on-line exhibition of Palestinian tiles.
- The TileMan presents six illustrated articles by Colonel Charles McGee from The Journeyman Roofer and Waterproofer (1947-50) explaining the design, manufacture and installation of clay roofing tile.
Save John Muir House Campaign
- Emergency site created to save John Muir's historic birthplace in Dunbar, Scotland from destruction. Photograph, history, news, petition and links.
Saving The East's Architectural Heritage
- Series by Lindsay Percival-Straunik on the challenges of preserving the rich architectural heritage of Eastern and Central Europe and the former Soviet Union. From Radio Free Europe.
School of the Building Arts
- In historic downtown Charleston, South Carolina, United States offers educational programs and discussion in the field of preservation.
The Conservation Glossary
- Architectural, building and conservation terms explained by Neil Grieve of The Centre for Conservation and Urban Studies, University of Dundee.
The Old Bridge of Mostar
- General Engineering explains its restoration of this elegant historic bridge in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and offers free CD-ROMs of its plan for the restoration of the town of Mostar.
The Slate Roof Quarterly
- A free newsletter about the slate roofing industry directed at roofing contractors, architects, roofing materials suppliers, and owners of buildings with slate roofs.
Timeline of Concrete
- The story of concrete from the natural deposit of cement compounds 12,000,000 BC, through the creation of concrete by the Romans to its uses in the 1990s. Short bibliography.
Tips on Bricks
- Castaic Brick provide practical answers to common questions about how to use bricks for paving.
USGS National Geologic Lexicon Database
- Find out about US stone names here.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor