Periods and Styles
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Dr. Zahi Hawass provides an illustrated account of the rich history of Abu Simbel and the salvage efforts required to save these world famous temples.
Architecture of Egypt
- Photographs with history and descriptions of famous Egyptian monuments from Glass, Steel and Stone: the Pyramids of Giza, Great Sphinx, Temple at Luxor and Tomb of Ramses II at Abu Simbel.
Building in Ancient Egypt
- A clear, illustrated introduction to the building process: materials, tools, methods, planning, forms. Descriptions of a worker's house at Deir el Medine and the townhouse of Djehutinefer.
Color Tour of Egypt
- The University of Memphis, US, provides expandable photographs and descriptions of major ancient monuments, accessed via a clickable map or a list.
- San Jose State University provides an extensive gallery of expandable images, accessed via pull-down menu and selection from an array. Basic information is given for each.
Hatshepsut's Temple at Deir-el-Bahri, Egypt
- Elegant page with photographs and description by art student David Bediz.
Mark Millmore's Ancient Egypt
- This artist offers computer-generated reconstructions of pyramids and temples as first built, along with interactive ground plans and images. Free screen savers, eCard, translator into hieroglyphics.
Mysteries of the Nile
- A team from the U.S. PBS TV programme Nova attempted to recreate the raising of an obelisk. History of obelisks, QTVR and standard images of temples, tombs, and other ancient Egyptian monuments.
Pilgrimage to Abydos
- World Art Treasures provides an interactive plan of the Egyptian temple, which leads to photographs, history and description. Glossary available.
The Ancient Egyptian Virtual Temple
- Computer-rendered walk-through of the interior of an imaginary ancient Egyptian temple, designed by Christina Paul. Bibliography.
The Egyptian Tomb of Menna
- A virtual reality reconstruction of this 18th-dynasty Theban tomb by William L. Mitchell, Manchester Metropolitan University.
The Great Temple of Abu Simbel
- Photographic tour from the Centre for Computer-aided Egyptological Research of the great temple built by pharaoh Rameses II. Includes sensitive plan.
The Palace of Rameses III
- Mohammed Motlib uses computer-reconstruction to show how the Window of Appearance could have been used. Part of The Virtual Study Tour, from the New Zealand School of Architecture.
The Pharos of Alexandria
- Illustrated history by Colin Clement of the ancient Egyptian lighthouse built c.290 BC and destroyed in the 14th century. Part of the Hellenic Alexandria site.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor