Campaigns and Elections
Submit a site
Electronic Voting Systems
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Alliance for Better Campaigns
- A public interest group that seeks to improve elections by promoting campaigns in which the most useful information reaches the greatest number of citizens in the most engaging way.
American Democracy and Computer-Mediated Communication
- A Case Study in Minnesota. The analysis is fresh and awaiting further development in the world, particularly the idea of "citizenship as a unifying self-category" and the need for active training in the processes of self-government at the local level. With the troubled state of American politics in particular, and the difficult path we all are taking towards a global information society.
Campaign Web Review
- Seeks to highlight the ways candidates and campaigns used the Internet in 1998 and provides perspective on the positive and negative impacts that this powerful medium is having on the electoral process.
- Online community related to Congressional legislation and related affairs. Contact your Representative or Senator, educate yourself on the issues, voice your opinion, and vote on the issues.
- Lookup your Congressman and send email with this C-SPAN service.
- Academic project based at George Washington University that studies online campaign and election issues in addition to promoting constructive approaches to Internet campaigns.
Does Internet Create Democracy?
- Masters thesis relating US and European communications theory, including Habermas, and whether the Internet will create democracy in practice.
- Online petitions regarding a wide variety of subjects are available for online signature. Also, for constituent letters, the site includes a search function that identifies issue-relevant public officials.
- Maintains lists of e-mail addresses of political leaders and encourages people to write them regarding certain global issues.
ElectionUSA.Com- It's Your Election
- Electronic newsletter reporting on 2000 elections with direct links to candidate's websites.
Electronic Voting Hot List
- List of Internet sites with information about electronic voting--includes links to information about systems, protocols and risks; also includes links to information about direct democracy, vote-by-phone, and vote-by-mail.
First Preference Elections
- electronic voting system (eLect) supports both complex and simple voting systems and is suitable for public and private elections on secure Local Area Networks or across the Internet.
Is Internet Voting Safe?
- This report by the Voting Integrity Project recommends against the use of remote Internet voting or Internet voter registration until the systems have been rigorously tested and certified.
Mindshare Internet Campaigns, L.L.C.
- Mindshare Internet Campaigns, LLC develops and implements online campaign strategies to help our clients use the Internet to organize, educate, and engage citizens towards meaningful off line action.
- Dedicated to promoting political use of the Internet in Minnesota and around the world.
- Founded to educate the public, policy makers, and the media about technology-based social and political issues, and to promote access to and use of information technology as a tool for community organizing, outreach, and advocacy.
Non-Partisan Federal Candidate Campaign Money Page.
- This website re-organizes Federal Election Commission data into useful forms enabling viewer to follow the money.
- Political consulting firm providing tools for online campaigns. Includes a daily news and information service, and a journal of politics on the Internet.
Pollite Lens Opinion Database
- A formal long-term debating system that allows each user to create a political platform, and respond to the platforms of others.
- Steven Clift offers articles, commentaries, presentations, and mailing lists concerning campaign, elections, and the future of electronic democracy.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor