Philosophy of Mind
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Editor of the journal Philosophical Psychology, and Director of the Philosophy-Neuroscience-Psychology Program at Washington University in St. Louis.
- Philosophy of mind, consciousness and foundations of cognitive science (NYU, USA)
- Zombie Dave himself. Lots of content here, including his articles on consciousness, AI, and other topics, unpublished replies to critics, large annotated bibliographies of both Philosophy of Mind and Consciousness in Science, and several excellent links pages.
Churchland, Patricia S.
- Influential "neurophilosopher" and eliminative materialist.
- Prolific champion of connectionist and embodied approaches to understanding the mind.
Dennett, Daniel C.
- One of the most influential (and readable) contemporary philosophers of mind.
- Phenomenologist and leading critic of Artificial Intelligence research.
- Philosophical psychology (Washington Univ., USA)
Goldman, Alvin I.
- Distinguished epistemologist as well as a philosopher of mind and cognitive science.
- Works on philosophy of representation, semantics (of natural language), theoretical neuroscience and metaphysics.
- Home page of this philosopher of mind (and of politics), giving access to his latest thought on the nature of consciousness as existence, and on the free-will versus determinism issue (amongst other things).
John R. Searle
- Home page at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Philosopher of language, logic, meatphysics and mind, and director of the Rutgers Center for Cognitive Science.
- Papers on the Philosophy and Cognitive Science of visual perception by this philosopher, based at the University of California, Santa Cruz.
Rockwell, Teed - Cognitive Questions
- "The Only Cognitive Science Website Without a Picture of a Brain on it!" - Papers critical of "Cartesian Materialism" by Rockwell, with commentaries by Andy Clark, Ruth Millikan, Tim Van Gelder, U.T. Place and others.
- Provides a number of ePapers on consciousness, memetics, evolution, and the philosophy of mind.
- Philosophical problems of consciousness (Temple Univ., USA)
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor