Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Alliance of Secular Humanist Societies (ASHS)
- A network created for mutual support among local and/or regional societies of secular humanists. Links to local organizations throughout North America.
American Humanist Association (AHA)
- National organization founded in 1941 to promote humanism in the United States. News, articles, essays, commentaries, lists, and bulletins of current and future events.
American Philosophical Association (APA)
- The primary professional organization for American philosophers.
Atlantic Region Philosophers Association (ARPA)
- Fosters research and scholarship within the philosophical community in Atlantic Canada.
Australasian Association of Philosophy (AAP)
- Professional organization of academic philosophers in Australia and New Zealand. Runs conferences, offers an annual prize for philosophy published in the popular media, and edits the Australasian Journal of Philosophy.
British Society for Ethical Theory
- The society has the following current functions: Runs conferences, encourages the electronic interchange of information, drafts of papers, reviews, publishes a list of members and their research interests, publishes a list of British Graduate Students in Ethics
Canadian Philosophical Association (CPA)
- Professional society for teachers and students of philosophy in Canada. The CPA Bulletin, the journal Dialogue, and online forums to facilitate communication among philosophers.
Center for Philosophical Education
- Philosophy education, annual international philosophical conferences, foundations, and educational workshops at Santa Barbara City College.
Center for the Study of the Great Ideas
- Founded by Mortimer Adler and Max Weismann. Dedicated to the proposition that "Philosophy is everybody's business."
Council for Secular Humanism (CSH)
- Sponsors publications, programs, and organizes meetings to cultivate rational inquiry, ethical values, and human development through the advancement of secular humanism.
Dallas Philosopher's Forum
- The Dallas Philosopher's Forum is a lecture series, located in the Dallas (Texas) Metroplex, dedicated to bringing philosophy to an interested and educated audience.
Existentialist Society, Australia
- Organizes a series of monthly lectures.
Foundation for Intercultural Philosophy and Art
- Exhibition and publication of art and texts. Departs from the thesis that, in philosophy and art, intercultural communication can occur on the level of equality.
Guide to Philosophy on the Internet: Associations, by Peter Suber
- A comprehensive collection of online philosophy resources. Well-organized, easy to navigate, regularly updated.
Hungarian Philosophical Association
- Maintained by the Department of History and Philosophy of Science, Eötvös University, Budapest. Rankings of graduate programs in analytical philosophy, and links for educators and students.
Individualist Research Foundation
- Promotes research and publication among students of the struggle between individualism and collectivism.
Institute for Axiological Research / Institut für Axiologische Forschungen
- Axiology - philosophical and interdisciplinary Value Inquiry with following priorities: 1) classical and contemporary theories on values, 2) values in sex-gender context, 3) hermeneutics of religion and culture, 4) actual transformations: identity, democracy, globalisation and justice, 5) praxis and values.
International Association for Critical Realism
- The IACR was established in 1997 with the basic objective of serving as a networking and facilitating resource for anyone broadly sympathetic to, or concerned with, realist philosophy and social theory.
International Stoic Society
- Seeks to honor leaders in politics and business who best demonstrate Stoic virtues. Report on symposia as well as discussion forum.
Lonergan Philosophical Society
- Center at Loyola Marymount University, dedicated to the study of the work of Bernard Lonergan.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor