Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
"Cyberfeminism with a difference"
- Article by Rosi Braidotti discussing postmodernity and "post-human bodies."
A Conversation with Rosi Braidotti - Kathleen O'Grady
- Conversation about Braidotti's politically motivated philosophy that provides a new framework for reinventing the female subject in our post-metaphysical world.
A critique of dominant feminist gender perspectives
- An extensive critique of feminist perspectives on sexual power. Satirical and serious analyses of sexual behaviour and custom, power and rights. Contains extensive reader responses. Aims to contribute to new relations between men and women based on real insights.
Canadian Society for Women in Philosophy (C-SWIP)
- Founded in 1976 with the objective of promoting the goals of women in philosophy.
Comprehensive Ethics Site
- Designed primarily to be used by ethics instructors and their students. It is intended to provide updates on current literature, both popular and professional, that relates to ethics. Moral Theory and Applied Ethics: Ethical Relativism, Bioethics, Euthanasia, Religion, Gender Equality, Racial Equality, Sexual Orientation, Poverty, World Hunger, Virtue Ethics, Animal Rights, Environmental Ethics and Military Ethics.
Differences. A journal of feminist cultural studies
- Differences focuses on how concepts and categories of difference-- notably but not exclusively gender--operate within culture. Situated at the point of intersection of cultural studies and feminism, the two most exciting fields of critical inquiry to have opened up in recent years, Differences is affiliated with the Pembroke Center for Teaching and Research on Women at Brown University.
- Materials for the Study of Women and Gender in the Ancient World. The site provide much dead-tree bibliography and many links to on-line resources.
Ethics and the Environment
- An interdisciplinary forum for theoretical and practical articles, discussions, reviews, comments, and book reviews in the broad area encompassed by environmental ethics.
- The Online Journal of Feminist Construction.
International Association of Women Philosophers
- (IAPh), was begun in Germany in 1974.
Medieval Feminist Index
- Index of publications on women, sexuality and gender in the Middle Ages.
Philosophy by Sara Brownmiller
- This list is limited to titles on philosophy written by woman philosophers. All titles are found in the January 1999 books in print. The most essential works are starred.
- Queer theory information and resources by David Gauntlett at the Institute of Communications Studies, University of Leeds.
- Explanation of the significance of the word and the difference between Queertheory and feminism.
Rosa-Luxemburg-Institut / Verein für interdisziplinäre Forschung und Praxis)
- Comprehensive documentation of "Womens&Gender Studies, and Women's Movements International. English page available.
The Society for Women in Philosophy
- The Society for Women in Philosophy was started in 1972 to promote and support women in philosophy. SWIP holds divisional meetings, meetings in conjunction with the meetings of the American Philosophical Association, and it publishes newsletters.
Theorizing -- Feminism and Postmodernity
- A Conversation with Linda Hutcheon (1997), by Kathleen O'Grady
US Women Connect
- Nonprofit, linking women and girls to the global women's movement.
- A page in progress with biographies, articles and links to pages on woman philosophers
Women in Philosophy
- This is a searchable bibliography containing over 16,000 records on works by over 5,000 women philosophers.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor