Submit a site
Pate de Foie Gras
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
101 Reasons why I'm a vegetarian
- From the VivaVegie Society
Aliens R' Us! by June Cleeland
- The material contained in this article is not for the faint-hearted, and many may find it highly disturbing. These reports concern sinister and barbaric practices against live beings.
Ask Joanne: Are Humans Meant to Eat Meat?
- A superb short article; the definitive answer to that vexing question. "This type of reasoning... blatantly ignores a critical element of human evolution -- the aspect of choice. The arguments that 'humans are meant to eat meat' or 'humans have always eaten meat' are certainly no rational defenses for its continuation."
- Long briefing kit of facts about rainforest destruction, resource depletion, global warming, world hunger, human disease, animal suffering, and the connection of those topics to meat-eating.
Dead Animal Flesh Is Not Food
- An examination of the ethical, environmental, and nutritional arguments for and against vegetarianism.
Don't Eat my Friends!
- Good reasons to change your diet and save yourself and others. Lots of information!
Eat the Whales
- Partly-satirical site from animal rights group PETA, arguing that whale meat is comparatively far more humane and compassionate than meat from factory-farmed animals.
Eating Without Killing
- Examines three main reasons for becoming a vegetarian, from perspectives of Heath, Environmental considerations and avoiding Cruelty to Animals.
Facts and Myths about a vegetarian diet
- Getting past all the useless statistics!
Howard Lyman: Mad Cowboy
- A US cattle rancher who won't eat meat speaks out about the ill effects of meat products on the environment and human health. Introduction by Ralph Nader, book excerpt, reviews and online purchase.
Just Eat Veggies!
- There are so many reasons to be a vegetarian - this site covers a great many of them.
- PETA site showing that "meat stinks" for the animals, the Earth, and people's health. Site details PETA vegetarian projects.
Meredith's Veggie Page
- Graphic site on reasons not to eat meat, and other animal rights issues.
My New Frontier
- A magazine article from 1996 in which Linda McCartney writes about the path of the vegetarian.
- Claims there should be establishing an excise tax on meat. Gives arguments relating to health care and the environment.
The Meat Industry has a Death Wish
- ...and we should all help fulfill it.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor