Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
COUP4JIP: Community Of United People For Justice In Pay
- Lets make minimum wage a living wage, and limit income and wealth through progressive income and inheritance taxes to reduce selfish greed corruption.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
ATD Fourth World
- An international non-governmental organisation dedicated to overcoming extreme poverty.
Action Against Poverty
- Learn from National speaker and author, Dr. Ruby Payne, about the Hidden Rules. Discussion about children in poverty, the generational ramifications and what the community can do to help.
- ActionAid is one of the UK's largest development charities which works with over five million of the world's poorest people in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean to help eradicate poverty.
Almanac of Policy Issues: Social Welfare
- Comprehensive links and background information on poverty, hunger, welfare, homelessness, housing, seniors issues, and other social welfare issues.
Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP)
- A national non-profit organization which seeks to improve the economic security of low-income families with children and secure access for low-income persons to the civil justice system.
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Articles on poverty and Social Security from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a liberal public policy research organization.
Children Helping Children
- Children Helping Children promotes the needs of the young in Third World by raising money to educate, house them and give them a purpose in life.
Coalition on Human Needs
- CHN is an alliance of national organizations working together to promote public policies which address the needs of low-income and other vulnerable populations.
Combat Poverty Agency
- A nice site, well organised and with a lot of information
Fighting Poverty, One Business at a Time.
- The Trickle Up Program is an international non-profit organization dedicated to reducing poverty by providing low-income people around the world with the opportunity to create their own micro-enterprises.
High Wycombe Results
- Results is a British organization whose aim is to generate the political will to end hunger and poverty by lobbying MPs, letter-writing and media work.
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Background information and links on the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), and other low-income energy issues. From the Almanac of Policy Issues.
- A UN-sponsored combination of the Internet, television, radio, and live events with world-class artists designed to fight extreme poverty.
Partnerships for Poverty Reduction
- An initiative of the Economic Development Institute (EDI) of the World Bank, the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), and the Inter-American Foundation (IAF). Initiatives to reduce poverty in the Caribbean region and Latin America.
- An on-line news service dedicated to providing in-depth coverage of issues affecting low and no income communities nationally and internationally.
Poverty and Race Research Action Council
- PRRAC fosters and supports collaborations among researchers and advocates effectively addressing problems faced by people living at the intersection of poverty and race.
Poverty, Inequality and Development: Research at Cornell University
- Portal to research on poverty, inequality and development at Cornell University.
- A World Bank Web site developed to provide resources for people and organizations working to understand and alleviate poverty around the world.
Public Private Ventures
- A national nonprofit devoted to youth development, mentoring, youth violence reduction, faith-based programs, national service and volunteering, and workforce development.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor