Submit a site
Articles and Reports
State and Local Organizations
Earned Income Tax Credit
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Administration for Children and Families Office of Family Assistance
- The federal agency that administers the federal government's primary welfare program, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
Administration for Children and Families: Welfare Reform
- Welfare reform page for the Administration for Children and Families, the federal agency charged with implementing the federal welfare program.
Almanac of Policy Issues: Welfare
- Comprehensive background information and links on the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program and U.S. federal welfare policy generally.
Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP): Federal TANF Page
- Summaries and analysis of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program.
Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP): State TANF Implementation and Waivers Page
- Summaries and analysis of state welfare programs and waivers.
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- This organization largely opposes tax cuts...if a cut is in the air, go here to find out why it's bad.
Coalition on Human Needs: Welfare
- Background information, legislative analyses, status reports on pending bills, and links on welfare issues from the Coalition on Human Needs, a coalition of major U.S. anti-poverty organizations.
Emergency Committee to Defend Constitutional Welfare Rights
- Establishes basis in U.S. Constitution and obligatory international law for right to decent relief for the involuntarily unemployed and that "workfare" as practised is prohibited involuntary servitude (forced labor).
- HandsNet is an online community of (mostly liberal/progressive) nonprofit organizations concerned with low-income issues. The site includes articles and alerts from participating organizations, many of which relate to welfare and workfare.
Heritage Foundation: Welfare
- Research and related welfare information from the Heritage Foundation, a well-known conservative policy think tank.
Idea Central: Welfare and Families
- Studies and reports on welfare from a liberal perspective. Idea Central is part of the Electronic Policy Network, a project of The American Prospect magazine.
Introduction to Social Policy
- Social Policy is the study of the welfare state, and the range of responses to social need. This is a brief introduction to the subject.
MDRC: Welfare Reform
- Evaluations of welfare reform by the Manpower Demonstration Research Corporation (MDRC). Covers the entire range of welfare studies, from the nation's largest social experiments testing welfare-to-work strategies to a wide range of implementation studies and technical assistance to states and localities in adopting best practices.
Mathematica Research: Research on Welfare and Work
- Research and analysis of welfare and work-related programs by Mathematica Research, a respected for-profit research organization.
National Association of Counties: Welfare Reform Clearinghouse
- Publications and other information on welfare reform from the National Association of Counties (NACO).
Social Policy Action Network (SPAN)
- SPAN develops effective social policy for low income children and their families. SPAN is a project of the Tides Foundation.
UPM against Poverty SA
- Un(der)employed people's site in Australia with info, links, newsletter and events, to give a voice to groups on low income, social security recipients
- Policy think tank that tracks welfare, Social Security, Medicare, and other domestic policy issues.
Welfare Information Network (WIN)
- A clearinghouse for information, policy analysis and technical assistance on welfare reform.
Welfare Law Center
- Works with and on behalf of low-income people to ensure that adequate income support -- public funding provided on the basis of need -- is available whenever and to the extent necessary to meet basic needs and foster healthy human and family development.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor