Allegedly Unethical Firms
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Against the Grain -- Common Courage Press
- Dr. Marc Lappé and Britt Bailey finally got "Against the Grain" published by a brave outfit that knew the first publisher caved into threats by Monsanto if it went to press with this book.
Can I See Your License for those Plants, Sir?
- Links to the text of the Federal Court ruling in the Monsanto vs Schmeiser case and a CBC news article, followed by an archived discussion. [Slashdot]
Criminal Investigation of Monsanto Corporation
- Purefood.org discusses "Cover-up of Dioxin Contamination in Products - Falsification of Dioxin Health Studies."
Ethical Investing: Review of Monsanto (Pharmacia)
- Detailed information about Monsanto (Pharmacia) products. New releases. Resources for alternate products. Investing and mutual fund information.
FlyingFish - GM Spin Doctoring: Monsanto, Bell Pottinger & New Labour
- How the GM debate has been manipulated by lobbyists, public relations & advertising
Fox TV Fires Its Reporters
- Monsanto allegedly intimidated television producers whose investigative journalists had uncovered problems that would have embarrassed this giant Agri-chemical firm.
Greenwash Awards: Monsanto
- Kenny Bruno's Winter 1998 Greenwash Award winner for "a slick campaign to convince a skeptical public that their genetic manipulation is a key to 'sustainable development.'"
Long Term Dangers of Monsanto Plan
- Chemist explicates how Monsanto's specific plan (make seeds more tolerant to Monsanto's specific pesticide) leads to vegetal estrogen production that disturbs the mammalian hormonal system.
MM: The Ten Worst Corporations of 1994
- Monsanto is ranked #5 for introducing rBGH. "Monsanto, the company that brought you Agent Orange, has invested over $500 million in rBGH, and it made sure earlier this year that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved it over forceful objections from the scientific community."
Metroactive: Monsanto's Greatest Hits
- A chronology of company pursuits over the past 100 years, from Saccharin to "Terminator" seeds.
Monsanto Corporation Sucks
- Monsanto uses biotechnology to genetically engineer our food and not label it.
- Purefood Organizations Monitoring Monsanto section with updated news and links to scientific and popular articles about Monsanto's power brokering, political connections and allegedly unethical actions.
Monsanto in the McSpotlight
- Activist group building a case about agriculture practices of this firm. Includes a succinct summary of Monsanto's unethical activities.
Monsanto kills Monarchs
- Nearly half (44 percent) of monarch caterpillars that fed on pollen from Monsanto's engineered corn plants died, versus none of the caterpillars that didn't eat pollen. [Need to scroll down the page to find this story.]
Monsanto vs Schmeiser
- Profile of the litigation between Percy Schmeiser and Monsanto with regard to Roundup-ready canola. News releases of this case in Federal Court of Canada.
Monsanto's Cremation Starts in Karnataka
- Strong words, aimed at crops that are being burned by farmers in India who learned the hard way that Monsanto's cotton variety (which was disease prone and required enormous pesticides) became bred into next years' cotton harvest in the whole region, rendering the fields useless.
Monsanto's Expanding Monopolies from Seed to Water
- "For Monsanto 'Sustainable Development' means the conversion of an ecological crisis into a market of scarce resources." [ZNet]
Monsanto's Genetically Modified Seeds Threaten World Production
- Project Censored's #3 censored media story of 1998. "Monsanto Corporation has been working to consolidate the world seed market, and is now poised to introduce new genetically engineered seeds that will produce only infertile seeds at the end of the farming cycle."
Monsanto's altered sugar beet is not sweet to Irish
- "Speak 'truth' to 'power,' as the old saying goes. Ordinary folks in Ireland spoke up against the powerful multinational firm that profits by controlling farmers.
- Spoof of Monsanto's web pages by the Decepticons offering "counter information" on biotechnology.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor