By Time Period
Submit a site
Cuban Missile Crisis
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
"On the beach" : Australia's nuclear history
- A short article on the history of British nuclear testing in Australia and a discussion of Canberra's motives for cooperating with such tests. Also contains short biographies of prominent Australian nuclear scientists.
A Century of Science / Brookhaven National Lab
- A brief history of the lab at Brookhaven, it's founding, development and achievements in nuclear physics and nuclear energy research.
A History of the Ideas Leading to the Discovery of the Atomic Bomb
- Traces the development of the atomic bomb by following the historical origins of the ideas that allowed it to be produced. Begins with the Greeks and follows the thread of physics discoveries to the Trinity test.
A Personal Record of Hiroshima A-bomb Survival
- The memoirs of the late Mr.Takeharu Terao a survivor of the Hiroshima bombing as a series of postings to a message board with responses from readers all over the world. The material has been reconstructed as a web site by a former student.
AAHM Gallery Tour - Birth of the Atomic Bomb Gallery
- Online tour of exhibit on the development, use and technology of the nuclear bomb. Covers the origin of the idea of nuclear weapons, building the facilities to produce materials, research and develop nuclear weapons.
- Background of the laboratory
Accelerating Cleanup: Paths to Closure
- Accelerating Cleanup: Paths to Closure outlines the Energy Departments evolving and dynamic cleanup program based on site-developed, project-by-project forecasts of the scope, schedule, and costs to complete the 353 projects that currently define the cleanup program.
Aircraft Nuclear Propulsion - Introduction
- Covers the US failed project to produce atomic powered aircraft. A detailed look at the technology involved as well as materials relating to the reasons the program failed.
All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Experimental Physics
- A history of one of the Soviet Union's leading atomic research institutes. Includes a virtual museum of tactical and strategic nuclear weapons and delivery systems.
America Faces the Atomic Age: 1946
- The A-bomb and atomic testing were entirely new phenomena in history and there was a variety of opinion about the tests and the weapon. This article used polls and journalistic impressions to discuss the spectrum of this opinion.
Andrei Sakharov: Soviet Physics, Nuclear Weapons and Human Rights
- A biography of Andrei Sakharov and his contributions to Soviet nuclear weapons research, nuclear fusion, cosmology, human rights, and world peace. Includes a bibliography and links to related sites.
Anno Atomi: Growing Up with the Atom
- Anno Atomi documents the atmospheric atomic bomb tests conducted at the Nevada Test Site during 1957. Compiled using government press releases, and images, with comments by soldiers and citizens these detonations are known as Operation Plumbbob.
Anti Nuclear Alert
- A collection of speeches, articles, and other documents on nuclear safety, nuclear legislation, treaties and a map of nuclear hazards in the US. Also an extensive links section and the NucNews, a collection of news clippings, links and an archive of previous articles.
Articles Archives of Nuclear Age Peace Foundation
- An archive of articles on nuclear armaments, testing, test bans, and treaties. Links to articles on related topics including nuclear power, NATO, disarmament and the arms trade.
- Living Under a Mushroom Cloud: Fear and Hope in the Atomic Age. Display on the effect of the atomic era on popular culture in the 1950s.
- Explore the history, science, and consequences of atomic and nuclear weapons. Includes timeline of weapon developments, biographies of atomic scientists, accounts of nuclear tests, arms-control treaties, full text original documents and an extensive image and video gallery. There is a glossary and teachers guide.
Atomic Bombing of Hiroshima
- An eyewitness report written by Father P. Siemes, a Jesuit priest living near Hiroshima at the time of the atomic bombing. This report was handtyped only a few weeks after the bombing. Siemes, a German priest who was with the Novitists of the Society of Jesus in Nagatsuki, describes the aftermath of the bombing, the effects on the people of Hiroshima, and the efforts of his fellow priests to minister to the wounded.
- Information on Bikini Atoll in the Marshall Islands, the site of many American nuclear tests in the 1940s and 1950s. Includes a history of the islands and the nuclear tests as well as information on efforts to clean up radioactive contamination and US reparations.
CNN Cold War - The Atomic Age: From fission to fallout
- A brief history of the beginning of the Atomic Age including photographs, video clips and links. Part of a series on the Cold War.
CONELRAD: All Things Atomic
- Devoted to "all things atomic", this site has a good selection of American Cold War pop culture.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor