By Time Period
Wars and Conflicts
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- The forgotten history and cultural and political legacies of U.S. imperialism, the Spanish-American and Philippine-American wars, and the anti-imperialist movements that opposed them.
Fighting For Our Lives
- After the United States victory in the Spanish-American War, Spain surrendered its colonies of Guam, Puerto Rico and the Philippine Islands to America. Unitarian minister and member of The Anti-Imperialist League, Joseph Henry Crooker (1850---1931), authored the following pamphlet in 1900 opposing America's battle against the continuing struggle for independence of the Philippine people.
Mark Twain on the Philippines
- Mark Twain was the most prominent literary opponent of the Philippine-American War of 1899-1902. A Massachusetts newspaper editorialized that Mark Twain has suddenly become the most influential anti-imperialist and the most dreaded critic of the sacrosanct person in the White House that the country contains.
Neely's Photographs: Fighting in the Philippines
- The complete book of 127 photographs published in 1899 during the Philippine-American War is now online.
- Provides comprehensive information about the Philippine-American war, with a focus on important people and events.
Philippine-American War (1899-1902)
- Links collection by Canadian Forces College.
Philippine-American War Centennial
- Historical info on cultural, social, political events leading to the war, and related current issues.
The Diary of John Henry Asendorf
- Story of a member of the 10th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry in his own words.
The Forgotten Conflict
- The Philippine-American War, from February 1899 to July 1902, claimed 250,000 lives.
U.S. vs the Philippines Insurgents
- An interesting introductory account of the course of this conflict.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor