By Time Period
Submit a site
Wars and Conflicts
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
19th Century Medicine
- From Quackery to Bacteriology: The emergence of modern medicine in 19th century America.
19th Century Recipe Page
- From recipes that please the palate to those that heal an ailment, this is the page that says it all. These authentic recipes from a first edition collection of 19th century literature.
All The Year 'Round
- With all due respect to Mr. Charles Dickens, whose wonderful title I have borrowed, and to that other illustrious man of the age, the renowned Mr. Louis A. Godey, I herewith invite you to explore the 19th century and its mores and manners.
- A personal homepage containing texts from the Nineteenth Century, in English, German and Dutch.
Child Labour in the 19th Century
- Categories include: Factory Reformers, Supporters of Child Labour, Life in the Factory, The Factory Workers, Tactics and Issues, and The Factory Acts
CyberTrail: The Santa Fe Trail
- Current day spots along the Santa Fe Trail (through Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Oklahoma, and to New Mexico).
Duttie's Just Victorian
- Transport yourself back to the Victorian age, and learn the "proper" etiquette that was employed in that time period for tea, balls, supper, and other events.
- Articles, links, stories, and timelines covering each decade of the 19th century, with a heavy concentration on American history.
Heritage Square Museum
- Heritage Square Museum is a mid-1800s crossroads community in the upstate New York village of Ontario. We provide tours and activities to educate children and adults about our local history by showing them the actual buildings and living environments where our descendants worked and lived.
- A general information page with many links on the subject from About.com.
- This is one of the oldest historic homes in Memphis. Built in the 1800's, this fully restored antebellum home contains the family's original collection of antique furnishings.
Letters from a Victorian Governess in India, Prussia and Greece
- Letters home from a governess on her travels between 1883 and 1894 before settling in Burma. Her employers included the future Kaiser Wilhelm and the future Queen Sophia of Greece.
Making of America
- A digital library of primary sources in 19th century American social history from the antebellum period through reconstruction.
Nineteenth-Century American Children and What They Read
- A site devoted to the magazines and books read by 19th-century American children, especially works published before 1870. Includes timeline, books and authors, papers and analyses, and images.
Proceedings of the United States Anti-Masonic Convention
- Transcript of the 1830 convention of the populist protest party, from an anti-Mason site.
Religion in 19th-Century America
- A collection of essays and teaching suggestions from the National Humanities Center.
- Short article on the emergence of class in the West. By David Cody, Associate Professor of English, Hartwick College.
The Gentleman's Page
- A practical guide to attire, etiquette, and other social topics for the 19th Century American man.
The Impending Crisis
- Like a traditional history book, these archives tell the story of major national political events that occurred between October 1859 and April 1861.
The Peel Web: Home Page
- Sir Robert Peel was one of the most important men in Britain during the Nineteenth Century. He became an MP in 1809 and became Home Secretary in 1822; he dominated parliament throughout the period 1830-50. This web site covers many social, political and economic issues of the period.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor