Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- The Aguaruna Indians are members of the Jivaroan language group inhabiting the upper tropical rain forest regions of southeastern Ecuador and northeastern Peru.
- Environmental education organization with a simple mission: to support the peoples of the Amazon Rainforest in their efforts to live and work in harmony with their environment.
- The Confederation of the Nationalities Indigenous to the Amazon of Ecuador (CONFENIAE) is an organization dedicated to the defence and legalization of indigenous territories and the protection of their natural resources, promoting social, political, and economic development and saving the cultural identity of each member nation from extinction.
Deviance, Conflict and Power in Shuar-Achuar Society
- Article by Ellie Mader on political conflicts within the Shuar Federation.
Guarani Home Page
- Information about Guarani, the indigenous South American language that is one of the two official languages of Paraguay.
- Page made by the Mapuche Natives. Includes photographs and news.
Native American Indian Cultures from Mexico & South America
- Introduction to Native American Indian cultures from Mexico and South America, an educational resource with supplementary links.
Nim Po't, Center for Maya Textiles
- Located in Antigua Guatemala, Nim Po't is an indigenous consignment store that functions as a retail museum and center for the study of Maya textiles.
- Supports projects to improve living conditions among communities of the Mapuche people in Chile. Site provides articles, photos, and links on both traditional culture and the modern situation.
SHUAR: talking with Ecuadorian Amazon medicine men
- An article by Elisabet Sahtouris on Shuar shamans in Ecuador.
Sacred Hymns of Pachacutec, Ancient Inca Poetry
- Translations of ancient Quechua prayer-songs composed by an Inca emperor, for an equinox ceremony, with historical background and a biography of the emperor-poet.
Sinchi Sacha Foundation
- A non-profit organization in Ecuador, established with the goal of supporting the indigenous populations of Ecuador through self-directed development and fair trade.
The Amazonian Project
- International non-profit organization promoting awareness of the Amazon Rainforest and the indigenous peoples who reside there.
The Indians Guaraní
- Information on the Guaraní of eastern Paraguay. Includes photos.
The Mapuche : Images of the Past
- A pictorial history of the Mapuche at the time of assimilation with Chile in the 19th Century.
The Shuar and the Saraguros
- A brief description of the Shuar people whose territory the Saraguros began to enter about 100 years ago.
- The ethnological and cultural foundation "Tsantsa", consists exclusively of multidisciplinary professionals and "Walking Encyclopedias" of the Shuar people. Valuing the survival of the Amazon cultures, Tsantsa aspires to be the shield in the war to create balanced integration with Ecuadorian society.
Wichí: Fighting for Survival in Argentina
- The 20,000 to 50,000 Wichí living in southeastern Bolivia and northern Argentina, in a semi-arid region known as the Chaco, are threatened by desertification.
Yachay Wasi (House of Learning)
- Yachay Wasi is a nonprofit tax exempt organization based in New York City and in Cuzco, Associated with the United Nations and other organizations, it is dedicated to inform on the heritage and values of the Indigenous peoples of Peru, the descendants of the Inkas.
- This site contains links and references for the Yanomamo Indians of Brazil and Venezuela.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor