Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Intertribal Wordpath Society
- Non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the teaching, awareness, use, and status of Oklahoma Indian languages. Board roster, announcments, links.
- Software and multimedia technology to support language recovery worldwide. Vocabulary and syllabary demo downloads. General native interest links.
Kiwat Hasinay Foundation
- Caddo language for Caddo people. KHS aids in the preservation and perpetuation of the Caddo language and oral traditions.
Language Revival and Revitalization
- Essay by a linguist on the prospects for recovery of dying Amerindian languages.
Native American Fonts
- Index of links to fonts for various Amerindian languages, both those that use modified English alphabet and those with different writing systems.
Native American Language Programs
- Audiotapes and workbook for Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Kiowa, Sioux, Cheyenne, Diné, Apache, Muskogee/Creek, Mohawk, Lenape/Delaware, Ojibwe, and Passamaquoddy. Secure ordering, links.
Native American Tribes, Culture Areas, and Linguistic Stocks
- Clickable map indicating pre-colonial tribal areas and language families.
Native Languages of the Americas
- Website dedicated to the preservation and promotion of Native American Indian languages provides an overview, links, and background tribal/historical information for each language.
Place Names in Native American Languages
- Original native names of places throughout the Americas, listed by region and tribe. Links.
Resources for Endangered Native American Languages
- Resources and sources of financial assistance for revitalizing endangered languages. Describes successful language revitalization efforts.
Salish and Neighboring Languages
- Conference reports on Salish and other languages. Some links given.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor