Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Brief History of Oklahoma
- A series of articles dealing with all aspects of the state's history, including the prehistoric native tribes, as well as those who were compelled to migrate and settle the Indian Territory.
A Positive Light - Code Talkers, America's Secret Weapon
- The Marines might never have taken Iwo Jima and World War II might have ended differently without the indecipherable language of the Navajo Code Talkers.
American Indian History and Art
- Biographies and portraits of several historic Native Americans including Sitting Bull, Quanah Parker, Chief Joseph.
American Indian Kids
- Historical look at Native Americans for kids, ages 6-10. Emphasizes Indian family and community life.
American Indian Policy Center
- Provides government leaders, policy makers, and the public with accurate information about the legal and political history of American Indian nations, and the contemporary situation for American Indians.
American Indian Tribe
- Portal site intended to aid web users in research on the historical background of many Native American tribes.
- Historical photographs taken by John C. Chapman during the 1947 Anadarko, Oklahoma, Indian Festival.
- Archeology of the Americas Before Columbus. Magazine dedicated to prehistory artifacts and petrogliphs of the American Continent. A public forum for certified experts and nonprofessionals alike.
Brain-Box Digital Archives
- Native American narratives on history and the contemporary culture. Ojibwe perspectives and resources combine in an important new media audiovisual archive. Curriculum materials for teachers available online.
Cankpe Opi: Wounded Knee Massacre
- Comprehensive historical accounts, Congressional testimony, and editorial comments on the December, 1890, massacre in South Dakota.
Carlisle Indian Industrial School
- Respectfully honors those students and their descendants who lived the experiment, celebrates with those who prospered from it, and grieves with those whose lives were diminished by it.
Charles Lummis's Crusade Against Indian Boarding Schools
- A reporter in New Mexico, Charles Fletcher Lummis won an precedent setting legal battle in 1892 against a government policy that permitted Indian children to be taken from their parents.
Chickasaw Historical Research Page
- Contains primary source material and historical documents in the history of the Chikasaw people.
Chinook Indian - Enigmatic Tribe of the Columbia River
- Master traders and fishermen, who are now almost gone from the face of the earth, once enjoyed a peaceful existence along the banks of the Columbia River.
First American Forefathers
- Biographies, pictures and quotations from Native American leaders. Also has a message board and a selection of quizzes and puzzles.
First Nations Histories
- An ongoing web project that aims to provide extensive histories of all major tribes of Native Americans.
Forgotten American History
- Historical facts based on the book "Lies My Teacher Told Me"
Fort Peck Assiniboine and Sioux History
- Series of articles, with timeline, about the eastern Montana reservation. Includes an annotated roster of Sioux and Cheyenne participants in the Battle of the Little Big Horn.
History of the Northwest Coast
- Significant events and history of the people of the northwest, from 1774 to present day. Includes journal entries from fur traders, Indian prophets, and ethnographers.
Indian Occupation of Mother Bedford
- History of indigenous peoples of south central Pennsylvania.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor