Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Information on the key to energy efficiency by plugging leaks and through airtight constriction.
Building Energy Research Laboratory
- Performing research on improving the energy efficiency of building assemblies, materials, heating and energy producing equipment and components.
Buildings Technology Center
Chicago Department of Environment
- Info on Chicago City Hall's rooftop garden as an experiment to cut energy costs and reduce pollution.
Consortium for Advanced Residential Buildings
- A team of designers, home builders, and product manufacturers that has joined the Department of Energy's Building America Program on a cost-shared basis. All CARB projects are Energy-Star homes.
Constructive Technologies Group, Inc.
- Engineering firm dedicated to innovative problem-solving in the built environment. The focus of our work is the energy-using systems (HVAC, plumbing, electrical) of buildings.
Cool Roofing Materials Database
- Assists with the selection of roofing materials which reflect, or otherwise reject, the sun's radiant energy, before it penetrates into the interior of the building. From the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory .
DOE Office of Building Technology, State and Community Programs Web Site
- Research and dissemination of information about energy-saving appliance technologies (washers, refrigerators, etc.), energy-efficient building construction, and related topics such as indoor air quality.
Energy Efficiency in Industrial, Commercial and Institutional Buildings
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) information to control operating costs and to preserve profitability and maintain a competitive edge. Information to eliminate inefficient energy use through the implementation of energy efficiency measures.
Energy Efficient Building Association (EEBA)
- Disseminating information and technology for energy efficient, environmentally responsible buildings and communities.
Energy Study of Roofing Materials
- Energy study by Florida Light and Power confirms that using whiter, and therefore, more reflective roofing materials, decreases air conditioning costs.
Environmental Design and Construction
- Magazine covering all aspects of environmentally sound building design and construction.
Pakistan Design Resources
- Architectural designs to protect against high levels of solar radiation and improve energy efficiency. Building energy conservation fact sheets, tips and building code.
- Three-dimensional heat-flow analysis is invaluable for designing optimal performance buildings. By Adrian Tuluca and Michael J. Crosbie. Architecture.
Productive Energy Solutions
- Provides independent consulting services to aid in optimization of commercial, industrial and institutional facility systems.
Road Maps to Energy Efficiency
- Provides a step-by-step guide to retrofitting commercial properties, particularly tenant-occupied office buildings, to improve energy efficiency and reduce operating costs.
Sea Water Cooling System for Downtown Vancouver
- Proposes to use a sea water cooling system to replace air conditioners used by office buildings. Site is a result of a UBC Mechanical Engineering undergraduate project.
Stork Energy Efficient Home Technology
- Features technologies for energy savings in building a new home in hot and humid Myrtle Beach, SC. Solution to the problems of hurricanes, tornadoes, termites, fire, allergies, and low maintenance. Constructed using Insulated Concrete Forms and steel trusses and steel interior walls.
The Energy Conservatory
- Automated diagnostic air flow tools used to measure residential air distribution systems.
- A large and well organised collection of information, guidance and research findings on the "virtual circle" of good procurement, design, construction and management of buildings to make them pleasant to occupy and manage, energy efficienct in use, and productive for occupants.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor