Language and Linguistics
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Centre d'Études Linguistiques pour l'Europe
- Linguistic research on European languages. Multilingual site.
LSA Fields of Linguistics - Sociolinguistics
- A brief introduction to the field by Walt Wolfram of North Carolina State University.
Language Futures Europe
- Links to sites about multilingualism, language policy and the dominance of English in Europe.
Language Policy Web Site
- An exchange of news and views on English Only legislation, bilingual education, endangered languages and related issues of U.S. language policy.
Minority Sociolinguistics in Europe: The Occitan Language vs. the French State
- A masters' thesis about minority language and diglossia.
Promoting Community Languages
- From the Welsh Language Board. Ideas and suggestions to agencies, groups or individuals who wish to promote the use of minority languages in their communities.
- When two people speak with one another, there is always more going on than just conveying a message. The language used by the participants is always influenced by a number of social factors which define the relationship between the participants.
Sociolinguistics - Concept of 'Language'
- Need language be seen as a continuum of different accents, or as a fixed structure of rules? Undergraduate essay.
- Questions to assess your comprehension of the various principles of sociolinguistics. Includes a reading list.
Surveying Attitudes Towards the Navajo Tribe's Language and Culture Initiative
- Describes the results of a survey of attitudes about the implementation of the Navajo Tribe's mandate to teach Navajo language and culture in all schools in the Navajo Nation.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor