Language and Linguistics
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Minimalist Approach to Intrasentential Code Switching
- 1997 dissertation by Jeff MacSwan which explores the grammatical structure of Spanish/Nahuatl code switching. Available as PDF file or as a zipped download.
Code Switching Behavior and Knowledge of Adults and Children
- A study of Spanish/English code switching practices and the linguistic knowledge of bilingual children and adults.
Code Switching as a Countenance of Language Interference
- An online web article published as part of The Internet TESL Journal.
Code Switching eGroup
- Unmoderated e-mail list for the for the discussion of alternation of linguistic varieties, bilingual conversation and related phenomena. Requires free registration.
Codeswitching in Conversation Forum
- A discussion area for those interested in the topic of code switching.
Rethinking conversational code-switching: codes, speech varieties, and contextualization
- The purposes and varieties of code switching.
Review: Code-Mixing and Code Choice: A Hong Kong Case Study
- A review of the book by John Gibbons.
The Architecture of the Bilingual Language Faculty: Evidence From Intrasentential Codeswitching.
- Jeff MacSwan, 2000. PDF file.
To -Er is to Err
- A case of code-switching in standard Mandarin.
Toward a Better Understanding of Code Switching
- This paper attempts to help teachers involved in bilingual instruction comprehend the concepts of interlanguage and code-switching.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor