Submit a site
Ethics in Science and Technology
Science and Religion
Science and Technology Policy
History of Science
Humor about Science
Philosophy of Science
Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
Women in Science
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
- Promoting science, skepticism, critical thought, and the beauty of the natural world. Learn a little, laugh a little!
WWW.CANCERCONTROLINFO.COM-Cancer Treatment Option Utilizing Immuno-Augmentative Therapy (iat)
- Cancer treatment options and book, A Last Stand, An American Tragedy, that exposes and validates controversial cancer treatment's (Immuno-Augmentative Therapy, iat) past.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Collection of book reviews and essays, mostly on popular science, with an emphasis on science as a guide to truth. Also includes a discussion forum.
Alan Sokal on the "Social Text Affair"
- Read all about the hoax in which Sokal submitted a bogus article to a humanities journal, including the article, the aftermath, and his motivation.
Belgian Biosafety Server
- Focusing on scientific and regulatory aspects of biosafety, with regard to human activities carried out using pathogenic or genetically-modified organisms.
Center for the Study of Technology and Society
- A nonprofit research and educational organization which considers the social effects of technological change.
Cyber Tech Seminars
- Exploring the transformation of the internet from what was seen as a communications medium to a truly social environment. From Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory.
IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology
- Addressing such issues as environmental, health and safety implications of technology, engineering ethics and professional responsibility.
Irish Science Centres Association
- ISCAN fosters and promotes the public understanding of science and technology in Ireland.
National Conference of Lawyers and Scientists
- Addressing matters including scientific fraud, reliability scientific and technical information available to the federal courts, legal, ethical, and technological aspects of computer networks and genetic testing, and intellectual property issues associated with electronic publishing.
- Resources on risk assessment and risk management in medicine, environment, and society at large.
Science & Institutions
- Personal web pages of Luis Gonzalez-Mestres, including topics of science ethics and other social aspects of science.
Science, Technology and Society Links
- Links to STS-related information sources from North Carolina State University.
Scientific Freedom, Responsibility and Law Program
- A project to examine intellectual property issues associated with electronic publishing in science.
TechNet: The Technology Network of the World Bank
- Designed to encourage understanding of, and promote the use of science, technology and information in development.
Technology and Culture
- A scholarly journal dedicated to the historical study of technology in its relationships with society and culture.
The Engines of Our Ingenuity
- Transcripts of a radio program exploring technology and culture.
The Masters of History
- A book about the impact of science and engineering on society.
- Introduction to the Virtual Society? Programme: the social science of electronic technologies.
Voice of the Shuttle
- Science, Technology, and Culture Page at this website for Humanities Research.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor