Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Basic Introduction to Nuclear Physics
- A hypertextbook presenting elementary facts about nuclear physics. Nuclear physics is the study of the properties of the nucleus, the tiny object at the heart of every atom, and the forces that hold the nucleus together.
ABCs of Nuclear Science
- A comprehensive introduction to nuclear science-- antimatter, beta rays, cosmic radiation, radioactivity, the difference between fission and fusion, and the structure of the nucleus, for starters. Site also provides access to reference and teaching materials and experiments. From Lawrence Berkeley National Labs. Uses frames.
ATLAS Educational Information
- The ATLAS Experiment is to be carried out at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), a particle accelerator facility of the CERN Laboratory in Geneva, Switzerland. Website is intended for people of all ages who are curious about fundamental particles and forces as well as about particle research.
Antimatter: Mirror of the Universe
- A thorough discussion covering all aspects of antimatter.
- A shockwave application that allows the user to add up and down quarks to a hydrogen nucleus to create a carbon nucleus.
- Why are there more protons than antiprotons? A short article from Usenet Physics FAQ.
Big Bang Science
- Site seeks to explain the origins of matter and current high-energy research regarding the conditions of the early universe. The information presented here is published in booklet form by the Particle Physics and Astronomy Research Council (PPARC).
- An overview of bremsstrahlung (or stopping radiation). From The Particle Detector BriefBook.
- From The Particle Detector BriefBook.
Classical & Statistical Thermodynamics & Mechanics Educational Sites
- A collection of resources gathered by the Thermodynamics Research Laboratory at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Contemporary Physics Education Project (CPEP)
- A non-profit organization of teachers, educators, and physicists; at Lawrence Berkeley Lab.
- Introductory information on particle decays produced by the Stanford Linear Accelerator.
Do Tachyons Exist?
- An article from sci.physics FAQ.
Does Antimatter Fall Up or Down?
- A short article from sci.physics FAQ.
- For students, educators, visitors.
- A collection of Web-based games and activities to develop an understanding of the operations and experiments that take place in the Fermilab accelerator and detector halls and the scientific ideas they explore. Has a special section for teachers.
- Fusion Energy Educational Web Site at PPPL
Fusion Energy Sciences Program
- Mission is to acquire the knowledge base needed for an economically and environmentally attractive fusion energy source.
General Atomics Fusion Group Educational Home Page
- resources for teachers and students; links to a more technical GAT fusion site
Hampton University Particle Physics Education
- Describes the work of the Hampton University Particle Physics group in the ATLAS project as well as provides material and links for particle physics and general physics education. It also provides information on and links to QuarkNet, an NSF-DOE sponsored initiative to improve physics education.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor