Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Mazes from Newton's Apple
- What does mathematics have to do with mazes? What is the history behind mazes? Are there different kinds of mazes? What is topology? David solves a maze by applying the principles of mathematics.
Millennium Mathematics Project (MMP)
- A national (UK) initiative based in Cambridge. Its broad goal is to help people of all ages and abilities share in the excitement of mathematics and understand the enormous range and importance of its applications to science and commerce. It aims to change people's attitudes to mathematics, to act as a national focus for renewing and improving appreciation of the dynamic importance of mathematics and its applications, and to demonstrate the vital contribution of mathematics to shaping the everyday world.
Minnesota Junior High School Mathematics League
- Mathematics competition for junior high-age students
Mr. Heitmann's Mega Math Resource Page
- Links to hundreds of Math Terms, Mathematicians, and math games. Help in Algebra, Geometry and more
- Books, games, hints, tricks.
NRICH-Online maths club
- An online maths club for bright young Mathematicians. Publishing a monthly magazine on the web with problem sets, childrens solutions to previous months problems, games, news of events etc.
- Students use real time weather maps and track real planes flying in the U.S. skies to learn about vectors and then put their knowledge to the test by taking the Pilot Test Flight. Here they will solve an authentic real world problem using science and mathematics.
- Those interested and involved in adult mathematical literacy may find helpful input at the numeracy discussion list.
Online Math Applications
- Free stock market game to learn how the market works. Using real time data from Wall street.
PASS - Public Awareness and Schools Support for Mathematics
- Online mathematics magazine covering a variety of applied math topics, published by the University of Cambridge.
Patrick Quigley's Math Help
- Includes tips for studying and taking tests, an excellent strategy for reading math texts, a collection of educational quotes, and links to other math sites.
- A collaborative project, using the concept of PI as the focus, is a home page on the WWW. This multidisciplinary project which includes math, history, English and thinking skills is designed for fifth through eighth graders.
Piguy's Math Page
- This page has dozens of math calculators, making all sorts of math, from algebra to arithmetic to geometry, easier. Also, 50,000 decimals of pi and a logarithm table.
- use math to learn about how to fly a helicopter, figure how many passengers can board a plane, figure a flight path,build your own kite, and more
- This site may give you some interesting information about math and physics.
- Book by J. Douglas Faires and James DeFranza. Chapters in PDF.
Primary Arithmetic, or Math
- Four booklets, and more, that you can easily copy. One of math games for ages 4-8., two about teaching early math, and one that is more general. Some worksheets, number charts.
Problem Of the Week
- Creative and challenging math problems appropriate for high school students, updated weekly. Questions are archived.
- The average person does not have a firm grasp of the meaning of the word "proof."
- Using tools of yesterday, and tools specially created for this site, Ptolemy Ptools will give you geometry projects to do with your 3D computer games as well as projects to take outside and explore the world.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor