Petroleum in the Environment
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Bibliography on MTBE and Water Quality
- Searchable database of technical reference citations, by US Geological Survey.
EPA Charnock MTBE Project
- Case study about problem with MTBE (oxygenate fuel additive) in the Charnock groundwater sub-basin, which is an important source of drinking water for Santa Monica and Culver City, California.
European Fuel Oxygenates Association
- Extensive information on the benefits of oxygenates in gasoline, the role that MTBE plays in improving air quality, and health and environmental issues related to its use. Source is trade organization of MTBE producers.
MTBE (methyl tertiary butyl ether) Information
- U.S. EPA site about MTBE and releases from underground storage tank systems.
MTBE Research at UC Davis
- Includes an integrative review of the existing literature, assessment of available monitoring data, and original research performed by several University of California institutions.
- American Petroleum Institute compilation of online technical information on fuel oxygenates (primarily MTBE) in soil, groundwater and surface water. Includes both API-generated material and information from other sources.
- California Energy Commission study on methyl tertiary-butyl ether (MTBE).
National Debate About the Additive MTBE
- Report on the effects of a likely change in U.S. policy on reformulated gasoline, specifically examining the results of an increased role for ethanol, and a decreased role for MTBE. From National Governors' Association.
Oxygenates in Water (EPA)
- Identification of key issues related to assessing and managing the potential health and environmental risks of oxygenate contamination of water. Oxygenates are chemicals added to fuels (oxyfuels) to increase the oxygen content and thereby reduce emissions.
- U.S. EPA collection of fact sheets, technical documents, computer models, data, Congressional testimony, and other materials about the reformulation of gasoline by adding MTBE, ethanol, or other oxygenates to reduce air pollution.
U.S. EPA Blue Ribbon Panel for Reviewing the Use of MTBE and Other Oxygenates in Gasoline
- Presentations heard by panel, panel report (1999), and related Internet links.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor