Submit a site
Research Groups and Centers
Societies and Professional Bodies
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Home page of a theoretical biologist with general interests in Philosophy of Nature, Philosophy of Science, and Science Studies, and research interests in artificial life and theoretical biology. Links to online papers, other resources, and to the Center for the Philosophy of Nature and Science Studies.
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University
- The Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (EEB) Department carries out research in a wide range of areas across evolution and ecology. Areas of particular interest include molecular evolution, behavioural ecology, the dynamics of communities and populations, and conservation biology.
Molecular Information Theory
- The theory of molecular machines from the NIH Laboratory of Computational and Experimental Biology.
Program in Theoretical Biology, Institute for Advanced Study
- The Program in Theoretical Biology has many diverse interests, including immunology and virology, the evolution of language, evolutionary genomics, epidemiology, the evolution of cancer and the evolution of cooperation and fairness.
Random Variations to Biological Choice
- Philosophical speculations on physics and biology.
Santa Fe Institute
- Private, non-profit, multidisciplinary research and education center that pursues emerging science, largely on a theoretical level. Topics include artificial life forms and evolutionary complexity.
Short Courses on the Mathematics of Biological Complexity
- Three short courses will be held at the University of Tennessee to give biologists a rapid introduction to the mathematical and computational topics appropriate for understanding current research in biological complexity.
The Future of Cyberspace: An Organic Development?
- A site that explores the evolution of the net and compares it to that of the workings of collective animals like bees, ants, termites and siphonophores.
Theoretical Biology Groningen
- Our research focusses on competition and natural selection, more specifically evolutionary game theory, life history theory, sexual selection, sex allocation, metapopulation genetics, resource competition, and interference competition.
Theoretical Biology and Biophysics
- This group (T-10) at Los Alamos National Laboratory focuses on the modeling, analysis and informatics of molecular and cellular biological data.
Theoretical Biology at Utrecht University, Netherlands
- This Theoretical Biology group performs fundamental research in Biology by means of formal models in ecology, spatial pattern formation, (molecular) evolution, immunology, and ethology. Their formalisms range from mathematical models, cellular automata, genetic algorithms, to discrete-event individual-oriented simulation models. Their Bioinformatic approach typically involves spatial, multi-leveled models with many interacting entities whose behavior is determined by local information.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor