Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
American Society of Plant Taxonomists
- Promotes research and teaching in the taxonomy, systematics, and phylogeny of vascular and nonvascular plants.
BioNET - International
- A global network of country-owned collaborative LOOPs to support national programs for biosystematics to support goals in areas such as sustainable development and pest management.
Biodiversity and Biological Collection Databases
- Information of interest to systematists and other organismic biologists such as biological collections, taxonomic files, directories and ListServ archives, computer programs, reports by standards bodies (IOPI, ASC, SA2000, etc.), and access to on-line journals.
Biodiversity, Systematics, and Collections
- Access to WWW sites that provide biological names and classification of organisms, showing the evolutionary relationship among species and taxonomic units included within the classification system - from the National Biological Information Infrastructure.
- A Linnaean taxonomy arranged to show the evolutionary relationships among groups. One can navigate through the hierarchy vertically, or follow a lineage horizontally at a particular level of the hierarchy.
- A project examining the phylogenetic tree of life and all of its features, with information and pictures for every class and an interactive, dynamic hierarchy.
DELTA: Description Language for Taxonomy
- A flexible format for encoding taxonomic descriptions for computer processing. It can be used to produce natural-language descriptions, keys, classifications, and information-retrieval systems.
Expert Center for Taxonomic Identification
- Aims to develop scientific and educational computer aided information systems, to improve the general access to, and to promote the broad use of taxonomic and biodiversity knowledge worldwide.
Expert Center for Taxonomic Identification (ETI)
- Access to biodiversity/taxonomic databases through the University of Amsterdam - sponsored by UNESCO.
Glossary of Phylogenetic Systematics
- An annotated, extensive hypertext glossary of the terminology of Phylogenetic Systematics, with a discussion and criticsm of mainstream Computer Cladistics.
NCBI Taxonomy Homepage
- The NCBI Taxonomy Homepage
Scalenet - Glossary
- A short glossary explaining some of the terms used in taxonomy. From a site on scale insects.
Science at the Natural History Museum
- A world leader for research on taxonomy and biodiversity.
- Project to provide indexing & links for all known species as the baseline dataset for studies of global biodiversity.
Taxonomy and Systematics at Glasgow
- information and resources about taxonomy and systematics at the university of Glasgow.
Tree of Life
- A project containing information about the diversity of organisms on Earth, their history, and characteristics. The information is linked together in the form of the evolutionary tree that connects all organisms to each other.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor