Submit a site
Fire and Rescue Services
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Advisory Neighborhood Commissions
- Advisory boards composed of residents elected from 37 neighborhood districts which advise the government on policy issues affecting their particular community. Site covers the history and functions of ANCs and lists current members.
- Information and referral service that connects residents with appropriate public and private social service agencies. In English and Spanish.
Board of Appeals and Review
- This agency reviews complaints against decisions made by District agencies. Site explains the appeals process.
Board of Elections and Ethics
- Election and voting information. Includes location of polling places, recent election results and voter registration statistics. Download and print voter registration, absentee ballot request, and other forms.
Child Support Enforcement Program
- Brief primer on the program.
Clean City Initiative
- Describes government programs to improve city cleanliness: the objectives, accomplishments, an events calendar, and a photo gallery.
Commission on the Arts and Humanities
- Promotes local artists, art organizations and arts activities. Includes information on grants and on the art education program.
Council of the District of Columbia
- Official site of DC's local elected legislative body. Includes information on Council members, organization, the legislative process, weekly calendar, and searchable access to the DC Code.
DC Tuition Assistance Grant Program
- Provides the opportunity for residents to attend a wide range of colleges through financial aid.
Department of Banking and Financial Institutions
- Regulates financial institutions. Site includes downloadable license application forms.
Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
- Regulates businesses, issues business, professional and alcoholic beverage licenses, and regulates historic preservation, rental housing and real estate. Site has downloadable forms, information on getting permits and licenses, and descriptions of the agency's activities.
Department of Corrections
- Describes the department and the correctional and detainment facilities it operates.
Department of Employment Services
- Provides services to employers, employees, and job-seekers, including job training, workers' compensation, and unemployment compensation.
Department of Housing and Community Development
- Information on home buyer assistance programs and housing-related economic development incentives.
Department of Human Services
- Information on such programs as welfare reform, family services, early childhood development, rehabilitation services, mental retardation and developmental disability services.
Department of Insurance and Securities Regulation
- Site describes the agency, tells how to obtain licenses, outlines consumer health insurance rights, and has forms for insurance complaints and fraud reports.
Department of Motor Vehicles
- Provides information on driver's licenses, auto registrations and auto inspections.
Department of Parks and Recreation
- Describes the agency's recreational facilities and programs, including scheduled classes in arts, crafts, fitness and computers, sports leagues, and child care.
Department of Public Works
- Has information on trash collection, recycling, street and alley cleaning and other services. Includes news and press releases.
District of Columbia (DC) Department of Health
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor