Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Office of the Chief Financial Officer
- Oversees finances, budget, and taxation functions of the government. Site includes downloadable tax forms and publications, as well as budget and financial reports, a searchable real property tax data base, information on community development incentive programs, grants, and the activities and organization of the agency.
Office of the Chief Technology Officer
- Plans and oversees computer and other technology systems for government agencies. Site describes programs and has an archive of news releases.
Office of the Corporation Counsel
- Legal office defends and prosecutes cases, drafts legislation, and provides the government with legal advice. Includes news, annual report, and information on filing a claim.
Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development
- Includes news, press releases, strategic plan, directory of business resources, and information on programs such as development incentives for housing and small business, development areas, and the DC Enterprise Zone.
Office of the Inspector General
- Audits and investigates city government operations and programs. Site has text of recent reports, testimony, and enabling legislation and information on how to report fraud and waste.
Office of the People's Counsel
- Agency charged with representing the interests of utility ratepayers. Site has news and information on local electric, gas and phone utilities, consumer complaints, and activities of the office.
Office of the Public Advocate
- Liaison office between the Mayor and city residents. Includes a calendar of community events, a directory of civic and neighborhood associations, and information about the office.
Office of the Secretary
- Issues ceremonial documents and maintains official record collections, among other duties. Site tells how to request ceremonial documents, apply for research access to official records, and apply for a notary public commission.
Office on Aging
- Site describes services the agency provides to the elderly population, including health care, housing, legal assistance and transportation.
Public Employee Relations Board
- Resolves labor-management disputes between city agencies and labor organizations. Site describes the complaint, dispute resolution, and hearing/mediation process and has text of the board's rules.
Rules of the Council of the District of Columbia
- Official document governing the body's organization and operation.
- Includes procedures and requirements for chauffeur and hack licenses, list of taxicab companies, and municipal regulations relating to taxicabs.
United States Senator
- Press releases, biography of Shadow Senator Paul Strauss, and information on efforts to gain representation in Congress, self-determination and statehood.
Washington DC: Contracting and Procurement
- Vendor registration, bid opportunities, active contracts listings, and purchasing FAQ and news.
Washington, District of Columbia
- The official web site of the Government of the District of Columbia.
Water and Sewer Authority
- Includes news, budgets, reports, and information on water quality and sewers.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor