Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
ACLU of Illinois
- Illinois affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union.
AIDS Foundation of Chicago
- Resources to care for hiv+ individuals and prevent hiv/aids through advocacy, grantmaking, and service coordination/coalition-building.
Adoption Information Center of Illinois
- An adoption resource exchange. Information about adoption, waiting children, and how one can help.
American Association of University Women - Illinois
- Promoting equity for all women and girls, lifelong education and positive societal change.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago
- We match children with adult mentors.
Bringing Aid to Rescued K-9's (B.A.R.K.)
- An all-volunteer, no-kill, all-breed canine non-profit rescue organization with a network of foster homes in Northern Illinois. Adoptable dogs, cartoons, poems, links, and important pet information.
Canal Corridor Association
- Illinois and Michigan Canal in 1848 gave Illinois the key to mastery of the American mid-continent. The dream of the canal had animated every vision and underlaid every plan for Illinois for 200 years before.
Child Care Association of Illinois
- Representing the commitment of the not-for-profit agencies that provide a full range of services to the abused, neglected and troubled children and families in Illinois.
- Private, not-for-profit, non-sectarian, multiple program, and social service organization committed to community-based, family-focused programs.
- A community referral service matching community service agencies to individuals in need. Database of agencies, support groups, hotlines and volunteer organizations. The service covers the east-central Illinois and west-central Indiana counties.
Combined Counties Police Assn.
- Illinois Police & Sheriff's News.
- A broad-based coalition of business and community leaders, and citizens throughout the state that seeks to maintain Illinois' position as a trendsetter in telecommunications policy.
Czech & Slovak American Genealogy Society of Illinois, The
Day Care Action Council of Illinois
- Not-for-profit agency dedicated to the promotion and expansion of quality child care.
- Supporting the needs of Illinois children and families with students who are or may be at-risk of emotional or behavioral disabilities.
FAIR Families Advocating Injury Reduction
- Dedicated to protecting the rights of Illinois consumers and workers.
Grand Lodge of Illinois, I.O.O.F
- Information about the activities of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows in Illinois.
Illinois 4-H Forestry Judging Contest
- The official site for training and information for Illinois 4-H members (and their club leaders) who wish to compete in the Illinois State 4-H Forestry Judging contest.
- Fighting for working families.
Illinois Action For Children
- A non-profit organization committed to ensuring children have the right to a safe and permanent home through advocacy and ongoing education and professional development, and development of innovative programs.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor