Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- (Assisting Marsh Arabs and Refugees). Charity involved in humanitarian aid for arab refugees in Iran and Iraq.
ATD Fourth World (UK) Ltd
- Organisation that is taking an active role in communities to support the efforts of the poorest in overcoming poverty. It is a member of the International Movement ATD Fourth World.
Action Against Hunger UK
- UK part of an international organisation that has projects to fight hunger.
- Child and community development charity based in the UK to help world's poorest people.
Adventist Development and Relief Agency
- Works in partnership with people who work together for the basic human rights of food, shelter and a reasonable quality of life.
- Charity providing advice and legal representation to asylum-seekers and refugees and campaigning for their fair treatment in the UK.
- Small aid agency working in Bosnia, helping to heal the scars of war.
British Red Cross
- Independent charity providing emergency help to people in need. British part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent organisation.
British Red Cross Donation Site
- Allows donation to be made to the British Red Cross via credit card.
CARE International UK
- Organisation that works for the poor and vulnerable in some of the world's poorest countries. Part of the CARE International group.
- Group with a site in Armagh trying to set up a centre for peace, reconciliation, environmental education, and awareness.
Catholic Fund for Overseas Development (CAFOD)
- Development and relief organisation that works in over 75 countries to tackle the causes of poverty and encourage development regardless of race, religion or politics.
Chernobyl Children Appeal (NI) Ltd
- Company and charity based in Northern Ireland helps children from Belarus and Ukraine with Chernobyl related diseases, especially those who suffer from the many side-effects of radiation.
Chernobyl Children Life Line
- Helping children suffering from the after-effects of the Chernobyl disaster and economic situation in Belarus.
- Organisation that works in over 60 countries helping people, regardless of religion or race, to improve their own lives and tackle the causes of poverty and injustice.
Cleaford Christian Trust
- Charity in Woodingdean working in Brasov, Romania.
Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC)
- Umbrella organisation which launches and coordinates responses to major disasters overseas. It enables the British public to donate to British aid agencies when they wish to respond to overseas emergencies.
Find Your Feet
- Works in partnership with groups in South Asia and Southern Africa to offer long-term sustainable solutions to poverty.
- Christian Aid's site for children - with news, games and culture from around the world.
- British organisation specialising in the removal of the debris of war, such as mine clearing.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor