Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
B-P and Brownsea Island
- Description from the biography of Robert Baden-Powell as related in 'B.-P. The Story of his life' by E. Reynolds.
Baden-Powell at the first Scout encampment
- Photo of B-P at Brownsea Island in the summer of 1907.
Brownsea Island Management
- Directory of facilities, rates, camping programs, events, and history of the island.
Brownsea Island Nature Reserve
- Describes the reserve, its flora and fauna.
Brownsea Island, the birthplace of Scout Camping
- History, camping program and registration contacts at at the Scout Association for this historic location.
- Ten photos of Brownsea Island.
National Trust Property - Brownsea Island
- A tranquil wooded island in Poole Harbour with waymarked trails and spectacular views of the Dorset Coast. Its Nature Reserve, managed by the Dorset Wildlife Trust, is renowned for red squirrels, sika deer and a large population of wading birds in a shallow lagoon. Ferry boats run from Poole, Bournemouth and Swanage
Out and About on Brownsea Island
- The Guide Association site for booking information and programs for the Girl Guide camp.
Scouting through History - Brownsea Camp
- The story of the Brownsea Island experimental camp.
The First Scout Camp
- Article about the Brownsea Island camp from Scouting Magazine.
View of the first Scout encampment
- Photo of Brownsea Island in the summer of 1907.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor