Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Chaucerian Cookery
- An examination of the foods found in the writings of the English poet Geoffrey Chaucer. Included is A Chaucerian Feast, which contains recipes and instructions for presenting a feast based on Chaucer.
A Short History of Greek Cuisine
- Greek cuisine has a long and interesting history, spanning nearly four thousand years. Learn more about its ancient influences and modern incarnations, from your Greek Food Host at Bella Online.
About.com Guide to Mexican Food History
- Have you ever wondered which mole is the real McCoy or why we offer breads on the Day of the Dead? Find out the history behind Mexican food.
- A science center dealing with topics such as food, nutrition, agriculture, with an historical approach on a worldwide scale.
Ancient Roman Dishes
- Recipes from Ancient Rome.
Antique Roman Dishes
- A collection of recipes taken from an old Roman cookbook.
Army Subsistence History
- History of the food, food services and cooks in the U.S. Army dating back to the Civil War. Information provided by the Quartermaster Foundation.
- History of a number of candy, chocolate, confectionery and jelly beans.
Canned Food 101
- A site that describes the creation of canned food, how cans preserve food, and the inventor of canned food.
- Renaissance and medieval recipes
Cheap Burgers In Paradise
- A history of the American hamburger.
- Chocolate history: When was it discovered? When did it become nearly synonomous with rich desserts? Are the rumors of its demise true?
- Author of transcription/redaction of several fifteenth century European cookbooks. Food links.
Filipino Food: Before the Westerners
- A brief history of Filipino cuisine.
Food History News
- A Web site for the quarterly publication Food History News, a newsletter dedicated to the history of food in North America (and occasionally elsewhere).
Food History: Dining Through the Decades
- A detailed recap of the food, trends and chefs of the 20th century. Recipes included.
Food and Feud in Saga Iceland
- The Icelandic Family Sagas (Islendingasögur) are a body of some forty or so prose pieces written by anonymous Icelanders from the 12th to the 14th centuries.
Food in History Home Page
- Coming Soon to a Classroom Near You! Food in History- course syllabus and bibliography included.
Friends of the Pea [Soup]
- A site dedicated to the preservation of the old custom in Sweden of having pea soup on Thursdays.
History and Legends of Favourite Foods
- History and legends of bechamel sauce, caviar, chili, chili con carne, eggnog, hot dogs, ice cream and plum pudding. Trivia, quotes and recipes. From "What's Cooking America."
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor