Consumer Support Groups
Submit a site
Special Education Support
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
AAPD - American Association Of People With Disabilities
- A cross-disability site with numerous resources and free membership available. Home of the Enable magazine.
Abilities for Life: Taking Charge
- Includes a job finding page, associations, health questions, moving on and sports.
- Disabled/handicapped resources. Links, classified, gov't, letters, games, downloads, freebies. (UK)
American Disability Association
- Information and resources for people with disabilities.
Charioteers Iseum of the Ankh and Hammer
- An online support community for disabled Pagans
Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Hearing Social Workers
- Provides information for social workers who work with deaf and hard of hearing people.
Directory of UK Self Help Groups and Support Organisations
- Details of a comprehensive and up-to-date directory of UK self help groups.
Disabilities Concerns (DISC)
- Material on developmental disabilities, mental illness, creative writing by or related to persons with disabilities, e-mail list, and resources in the area of disability ministry for both individuals and faith communities.
- Coverage of a wide range of disability issues, concerns and disabilities. We cover the entire spectrum of living with a disability.
- A web site for people with all disabilities. It offers a web pal service, chat room, disability equipment links, carers web pal service and carer links.
Disabled/Injured Police Officers Foundation
- Helps police officers who have become disabled and/or injured as a result of a line of duty injury. Open to any and all police officers.
- A non-profit, community-based health agency dedicated to helping children and adults with disabilities attain greater independence.
- A gathering place offering support and information for kids, teens and adults who battle chronic illness or physical disability.
Federation of Invisible Disabilities
- A Canadian non-profit organization supporting people with invisible disabilities such as learning disabilities, brain injuries, autism, add, adhd, fetal alcohol syndrome, autism and dyslexia.
- Dedicated to helping families modify their homes for children with disabilities. Includes a message board.
National Organization on Disability
- Promotes full and equal participation of America's 54 million men, women and children with disabilities in all aspects of life.
National Parent Network on Disabilities (NPND)
- Provides a presence and national voice for ALL families of children, youth and adults with disabilities.
New Horizons Unlimited
- Fostering the interchange of information between people whose life long disabilities have tended to isolate them from the surrounding community and also between caregivers who may be inundated by the prospect of finding answers to their needs, there by providing the opportunity for individuals to share ideas and experiences with one another, that all may benefit.
Oklahoma Parent Network
- Uniting Oklahoma families of disabled children via the World Wide Web, an email list and WebRing.
People First of New Hampshire, Inc.
- Self-advocacy organization in NH led by people with disabilities.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor