Submit a site
Lists of Sources
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Brief History of the Internet
- An interactive history of the Internet, the web and the people who made it happen.
A Brief History of the Internet and Related Networks
- A document with a general introduction to the history of the Internet.
All about the Internet
- The Internet Society provides Tony Rutkowski, Vinton Cerf, and Bruce Sterling articles.
From Wartime Tool to the Fish Cam
- Article about the research beginnings, development of IMPs and Packet-Switching, ARPANet, TCP/IP, NSFNet, and today's Internet.
History of the Internet and WWW: Road 1 -- USA to Europe
- This is the History of Internet and WWW: Roads and Crossroads of the Internet History by G. Gromov.
History of the Web
- Original research article about the History of the Web with included Bibliography and Related Links.
Internet Predicted in Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
- An argument that the Old Testament predicted the Internet and the World Wide Web.
- An informal history of BITNET and the Internet. Lots of early net publications!
Origin of a Browser
- A project dedicated to web archaeology, in particular the study and preservation of rapidly disappearing artifacts associated with the Early Netscape Period.
Origin of a Browser / Netscape Time Capsule
- project dedicated to web archaeology - the study and preservation of rapidly disappearing artifacts associated with the Early Netscape Period.
Revolution in the U.S. Information Infrastructure
- The role of the U.S. Government in the history of the Internet.
Short History of the Internet by Bruce Sterling
- Literary Freeware - A Science Fiction / History of The Internet epic.
Spinning the Web
- An essay by a Canadian student on the past, present and future of the Internet.
The History Of The 'Net.
- A draft of a paper written on The History of the Net.
The Matrix: Community Memory
- A discussion list on the History of The Internet
World-Wide Web: Origins And Beyond
- Describes some of the historical aspects of the World-Wide Web development, as well as other forms of hypertext such as Xanadu.
l971 detailed prediction of the WWW
- In 1971 Dr Raymond Spencer Rodgers distributed a 108pp book manuscript to a wide range of communications research institutes, including Stanford and the Futures Society. In the book he described an "electronic web" and accurately predicted how it would impact cultures, economics, politics, education, etc. The manuscript was widely plagiarised.
- The History of the World Wide Web. 1989 to present day. [Requires Netscape or Internet Explorer]
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor