Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
How to ask your boss for a raise
- Follow these easy tips to find out how and whether the time is right.
Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey
- Data from a monthly household survey providing information on the employment and unemployment experience of the nation's population.
Mistakes When Leaving a Job
- Whether an employee makes a personal decision to quit a job or is terminated by his supervisor, there are five common mistakes he or she could make while making the transition from one job to another.
National Institute for Working Life / Arbetslivsinstitutet
- Official site of the organisation responsible for researching issues relating to working life in Sweden. Includes information about the Institute, its research and development programmes and a searchable research database. (Also in Swedish)
One-Stop National Office of Dept of Labor, U.S.
- For workers to network with business via the web.
- Test measures your likelihood/ability to be promoted. Your results are compared to those of other test takers.
Searching for Job Security
- Discussion of ways to hold on to your job until you are ready to move on.
The Hunter-Gatherers of the Knowledge Economy
- Are the habits of today's knowledge workers unique in history? Actually, the Gen X style of working appears to be the oldest on earth. The traits needed to forage for food in primitive societies are similar to those needed to forage for knowledge in the 21st century.
The Work Ethic Site
- Provides a central resource for materials related to work ethic, affective work competencies, and employability skills for work force development. It is designed to serve both educators and human resource professionals. At University of Georgia.
Values at Work Questionnaire
- The Maccoby Group.
Wearing casual clothes at work
- Article gives tips and advice on what to wear to work on casual days.
- A professional working woman's website focused on job sharing, flexible work arrangements and work family balance.
Work for the World (WFW)
- Organization promoting issues relating to global employment, social responsibility, and E-commerce. WFW believes that environmental and recycling projects offer great potentials to extensive worldwide job creation.
Work-Life Balance in Canadian Workplaces
- A Canadian source of information, resources and support on work-life balance: programs, policies and practices, related issues, research, case studies, links and an extensive bibliography.
- Webzine to help working people put in fewer hours for more pay and occasionally win arguments with the boss. Features diaries, stories, columns, forums, and other resources.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor