Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
@Work on the web
- The range of alternative work concepts is altogether insufficient. This independent, international co-operative program seeks to identify non-traditional insights, packages, architectures and implementation strategies.
Are You Happy with your Job?
- Considering that most of us spend half of our waking hours working at a job, it might really serve to pay attention to ones level of job satisfaction.
CLAWS: Creating Livable Alternatives to Wage Slavery
- Nonprofit educational, support and political advocacy group, as well as a resource clearinghouse, started by "Generation-X" people who share an interest in working together to generate viable alternatives to wage slavery.
Downsized People: Job Subsidies vs Income Supports
- Analyzes the Disguised Unemployment Problem. Argues that downsizing and job subsidy proposals are wasteful, and squander an opportunity for root reform. Presents the case for income supports, and the partial separation of incomes from current employment.
How can we move towards sustainable work?
- Are we not so conditioned in our traditional and conventional attitudes to work that there seem to be few radical or comprehensive visions of how work might be? Sustainable work is an attempt to set out the beginnings of a vision.
LETS: The Economic System of Giving (EAGLETS, Eastern suburbs, Melbourne)
- Interesting discussion of LETS as a new, more humanising kind of "money", and its relationship with the problem of the future of work, followed by contact details for EAGLETS.
PBS Work and Labor Series: 'Livelihood'
- Companion site to the PBS series on work. Come share your thoughts, frustrations, and solutions to "The Workday that Wouldn't Die." Plus, learn about alternative work schedules and compelling discussions on the workday.
The Impact Of Technology
- How the second industrial revolution ( miniaturisation and artificial intelligence) is relentlessly stagnating and impoverishing our community.
The Turtle Syndrome - The Mobility of Everyday Life
- Mobility - both physical and social is enhanced by new transportation and communications technologies and by the new media. The emergence of alternative patterns of work are the result.
The end of unemployment: bringing work to life
- Summary of a publication by Demos [a British think-tank].
Third Age Careers and Avocations
- Rethinking work for a new life stage? New forms of work such as mentoring can be very rewarding. Includes ideas and links.
Work trends of the future
- Trends and developments in the workplace that can affect your job and career development.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor