Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
AskMen.com : Ups &Downs of Downsizing
- Advice from Armando Gomez
Bearing the Brunt of the Asian Economic Crisis: the Impact on Labor
- The collapse has of the Asian economic market has given rise to massive layoffs of workers and wage and benefit cuts, not only in those countries worst affected by the economic crisis, but region-wide. Human Rights Watch is concerned about the likelihood of increasing violations of workers' rights as a direct consequence of the crisis in countries where labor conditions already fell well below the International Labor Organization's (ILO) core standards.
Dot-Com Layoffs and Shutdowns
- From the Wall Street Journal, a list of job cuts and closures among web-related companies, with links to relevant articles.
Downsizing And Organizational Culture
- Thomas A. Hickok argues that the most prominent effects of downsizing will be in relation to culture change, not in elation to saved costs or short-term productivity gains.
- When faced with eliminating jobs, how can managers find a balance between helping displaced workers with outplacement services and getting the agency's work done?
Downsizing and Employee Attitudes
- How corporate layoffs affect those layed off and those who remain on the job.
Downsizing or Dumsizing
- The Restructuring of Corporate America, By Carri P. Jenkins, Staff Writer.
Downsizing the American Dream: The Income Gap Widens
- by Steve Galpern.
Employment Outlook: Downsizing
- It has disrupted the lives of chemists and changed the face of employment, but it often can lead to new opportunities. By Elisabeth Kirschner, Chemical & Engineering News.
- Tracks which dot-coms are no longer in business.
I am a Layoff Survivor!
- T-shirts, mugs, mousepads for sale.
Killing the Myth of Japanese Lifetime Employment
- How times and attitudes are changing towards lifetime employment in the Japanese workplace.
- Compiles reports on shrinking staffs at dot-com companies or at Net divisions of offline companies.
License To Care
- A nursing site addressing the downsizing and deskilling of licensed nurses. Features include the logo's worn on ER and Chicago Hope, a photo gallery of old nursing uniforms and many nursing links.
Managing After Downsizing
- Techniques for reenergizing the people who remain and must pick up the slack in a downsized organization. Execpc.com site, Shepler's Managedown page.
National Organization of Downsized Employees (NODE)
- Topics about people who have either volunteered for their former employer's work-force reduction programs, or who have been forced out in some manner.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor