Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Compliance Guidelines to Prohibit Gender Identity Discrimination, San Francisco, Human Rights Commission (December 1998)
- Excellent resource for employers, legislators, human relations directors, or human rights officials trying to institute policies prohibiting discrimination against transgender people.
Discrimination Against Transgendered People
- Summary of existing case law in the U.S., including employment discrimination, parental issues, marriage, immigration, and prison issues; authored by Shannon Minter, senior staff attorney, National Center for Lesbian Rights.
Gender Expression and Employment Discrimination Under Title VII
- Legal memorandum about how discrimination based on gender expression differs from discrimination based on sexual orientation. Includes summary of relevant case law on grooming and dress codes. From GenderPAC.
Gender Variance Anti-Discrimination Ordinance Considerations
- Memo from the Boulder City Attorney in support of adding "gender variance" to the Boulder anti-discrimination law, December 1999.
Investigation into Discrimination Against Transgendered People.
- A report by the San Francisco Human Rights Commission, 1994 that led to the addition of gender identity to the San Francisco human rights law. Linked from this page, PDF format.
New York Times Editorial:
- Editorial strongly in favor of a bill to amend New York City's Human Rights Law to inlude transgender people.
New Zealand Legal Transgender Info
- Information on changing your name and birth certificate, relevant statutes, legal responses to transsexualism, marriage rights, etc.
Policy and Legislative Recommendations re Transgendered Citizens of Seattle
- Overview of discrimination against transgendered people, analysis of effective of 1986 trans-inclusive law, recommendations for revisions to the law. Official Report of the Seattle Commission for Sexual Minorities to the Seattle City Council, May 1999.
Press for Change
- Campaigns to achieve equality for all transgendered people in the United Kingdom, through legislation and social change.
Q&A Guide to Transgender Rights
- Model talking points for educating legislators, the media, and the public about gender identity, gender expression, gender variance and transgendered. From It's Time, Illinois.
The International Bill of Gender Rights
- Adopted 1993, revised 1994 and 1995 at the International Conference on Transgender Law and Employment Policy, it expresses human and civil rights from a gender perspective.
The Sex Discrimination (Gender Reassignment) Regulations 1999
- Full text of the regulations to amend the 1975 Sex Discrimination Act to prevent discrimination against trans people in certain circumstances.
The Sexual Reassignment Act 1998 (South Australia)
- Full text of South Australia's legislation to recognise transgendered people in their reassigned gender.
Transgender Equality: A Handbook for Activists and Policymakers
- Guide to passing transgender-inclusive non-discrimination legislation with introduction to transgender issues, language for legislation, talking points, comprehensive resource listing. 96-page book in PDF format, June 2000.
Transgender Issues and Sexual Orientation
- A 1997 issue of the National Journal of Sexual Orientation Law, including three articles, and a brief to the European Court of Human Rights in the case of X,Y, and Z v. UK.
Transgender Law Online
- An MTF lawyer's articles on using transgender marriages to legalize same-sex marriages in the U.S., transgendered people in the U.S. military, and Title VII's applications for transgendered people.
Transgender Law and Policy
- Up-to-date listing of all U.S. laws that are transgender-inclusive; quality articles and resources on legal issues affecting transgendered and gender variant people. Intended for activists, policymakers, and academics.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor