Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A SOFFA's Resource Guide
- This is a site dedicated to the significant others, friends, families, and allies of the transgendered community. It contains resources for anyone involved in the transitional process.
An Open Letter to the Parents of Transsexual Childeren
- A letter written by a transsexual to the parents of others in the hopes that they may learn more about the feelings and frustrations of being a TS.
An Open Letter to the Parents, Family and Friends of a Transsexual
- "Since you are reading this, I assume that someone close to you, a friend or family member, has made what must appear to you to be a very shocking and perhaps disturbing disclosure. Your thoughts must be racing at this moment and your emotions are probably in a turmoil. You probably have many question. If you are concerned about the person, you probably have some fears. In this letter, I will try to answer some of those questions and deal with a few of those fears. I can speak with authority on this subject, because I am a transsexual."
Christian Significant Others of Crossdressers
- A safe haven for the partners of Christian crossdressers to find support and fellowship.
Dana Bourne, webDOTgal
- Resources for transgendered people and their significant others.
Even Genetic Girls Get the Blues
- Personal essay about one woman's first meeting for significant others of cross-dressers.
For the Wives and Girlfriends
- Reflections and advice for and by significant others of crossdressers and transvestites.
Forum: Common Ground Archive
- The archive of Washington Post articles by SOFFA activist Loree Cook-Daniels. Lots of transfamily content!
GAIN for January 16, 1999
- Announcement of a soffa activists' chat on AOL.
- Nice site by a transman-transwoman couple. Includes "the first ever public photo of a transman and transwoman kissing" and a sample from their upcoming book.
If You're Going to Be a Female, Please Don't Be an Airhead
- "I'm 39 years old, and about two decades ago I made a decision to reject some of the feminine frippery that I found--to dust off a phrase from the Sixties--demeaning to women. I'm talking about makeup, unnaturally curly hair, nails long enough to impair dexterity, shoes two sizes too small, starving oneself thin, and so on. (What twisted piece of karma gave me a husband who wears high heels is beyond me, but I can't help but see the humor in it.)"
Kathy and Amanda
- A hetrosexual crossdresser and his wife share their biographies, pictures and real life adventures.
Melissa and Kath's Tea Time
- Site is dedicated to heterosexual cross dressers and their wives/significant others dealing with cross dressing in the relationship.
Minnie Bruce Pratt
- An amazing incredible poet-activist who writes prose poems like "Beatrice waits for the woman with eyes that say, Come with me. Into the rain-streaked street of night, the yellow leaves fallen like golden scars on black asphalt, they walk out their answer to the riddle, the woman who is not a man, the woman who is not a woman, following the yellow drift like fire around the corner."
- A letter from a mother of a transsexual to other parents. This letter stresses that love is the most important thing.
- Homepage of a bi femme boychick dating a "pre-everything FTM."
- "If you have AIS or are the parents of an AIS child, we would like to hear from you. We will use this part of the web site to display people's stories. Some AIS patients have found it very helpful to tell what happened to them. For many of us, it is a change to "say" those things that we sometimes have never told anyone." Features 14 personal essays from AIS folks!
Polare, the magazine of The Gender Centre
- "A great many of the articles and stories appearing in transgendered publications center around the crossdresser´s needs, and rights, to express their feminine side. It is also a common theme to belittle or shame those who would deny or put limitations on this expression of self. Unfortunately while endorsing the rights of the transgendered, there is a tendency to ignore the very real feelings, needs and rights of the partners of these gender-gifted persons...."
SOFFA resource list
- A list of groups that explicitly welcome partners, significant others, family members, and/or other interested persons of FTMs.
- A little talk from the American Boyz page on our significant others and the transitions and challenges they face with us.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor