Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Coming Out as Transgendered
- A great guide on telling your family, friends, and coworkers, with links to other helpful sites.
Coming Out as Transsexual
- A look at heterosexism and why some people have an easier time understanding transsexuality than homosexuality.
Coming out to Mom
- A touching essay on coming out to Mom as a transvestite.
- How and when to come out to your parents as transgendered.
TransFamily Of Cleveland - Letters
- A resource of letters, written by real people, to either come out or explain the coming out of a transgendered loved one.
Transition Letter Archive
- These aren't exactly "coming out" letters. The goal is to transition; coming out is a side-effect that is often not welcome, is always stressful, and for many people is as temporary as possible.
Transitions That Work
- Folks who help companies deal with transitioning employees. Offering diversity training focused on transgender issues, alone or as an adjunct to broader diversity training. Making presentations to EAP personnel, management teams, and coworkers to help them understand transsexualism, to offer guidance about management strategies, and to advise them about what to expect.
Transsexuals and Their Parents - Part I: Telling Your Parents
- Step by step advice on coming out to your parents and how to survive it. Tips on preparing beforehand and dealing with potential problems before they arise.
Transsexuals and Their Parents - Part II: The Grief Process
- This article attempts to describe what the parents go through after finding out that their child is transgendered. It helps to know what may be going on in their minds. Parents also might benefit from knowing that the feelings they are having are a normal part of the process of dealing with the knowledge that their child is transgendered.
Why Bother Coming Out?
- This article gives some clear and valuable advice about whether one should come out in certain situations, and if so how and when to do so most effectively.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor