Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Bill of Gender Rights
- It is time for the transgendered community to take a stand, a strong stand, against all gender-based discrimination simply because some people are different and simply because some people do not fit into current social norms of gender roles. It is time the gender-based community articulate this stand in words that clearly define exactly what our gender rights are.
Center for Gender Sanity
- This Los Angeles organization provides workshops on "what it means to be a woman," published "Transsexual Workers: An Employer's Guide," and does lots of neat counseling on workplace transitions.
- The comparison of the campaigns of Reform Party Presidential Candidate and LGTBI Activist/Spiritual Lecturer, Christina Rosetti and that of the other Reform Party Candidate, Patrick Buchanan.
Debra Davis and the Gender Education Center
- Transgender resources and information. Ms. Davis is a transgender High School librarian who transitioned on her job in 1998. Gender Education Center is a Minnesota non-profit organization of differently gendered people dedicated to support, advocacy and education.
Fighting Bigoted Journalism
- A well-articulated objection to Dea Birkett's article slamming the rights of transsexuals to gender reassignment surgery. Includes rules and tips for non-trans journalists.
Freaks Are Family
- The flaming tranny-, bisexual-, and radical faerie-run Millinery March Uniting All Queers.
Gender Education & Advocacy
- The web site of Gender Education and Advocacy, providing resources and activism for the transgender community. "The organization for gender variant people for the new millennium." Divisions include "It's Time, America," AEGIS, and the Remembering Our Dead project.
- A list of letters to various web pages about their mandatory M/F binary buttons, and their responses. Use this as a template to write your own.
- A not-for-profit organization, composed of individuals and groups, dedicated to a broad-based, inclusive national movement for "gender, affectional, and racial equality."
How You Can Make a Difference Right Now, Without Leaving Your Seat
- A form letter which can be edited or sent as is to alert media and government figures to the problems of discrimination against transgendered people. Complete with addresses.
In Your Face!
- "Political Activism Against Gender Oppression." A national online news service edited by Clare Howell, including areas for feedback, discussion, and organizing below each news event.
International Foundation for Gender Education, The
- IFGE is a leading advocate and educational organization for promoting the self-definition and free expression of individual gender identity, and a good source of intersex news and information.
It's Time Illinois home page
- Political action group working for civil rights for the transgdendered community in Illinois
Lambda Letters Project
- Helping members and friends affect public policy in areas of concern to the communities of HIV/aids, l/g/b/t, women and people of color.
MTMInfo, MTMDebate, TransShare, FTMSOS
- MtMInFo is an email support list and is open to anyone who was born with a female body but believes that this image doesn't accurately reflect who you are. It is also open to friends, family or the spouse of the FtM. MtMDebate is a no holds barred list for those more spirited folks, both FtMs and their SOs, who like to talk without the niceties of a support list. TransShare is for both transgendered/transsexual men and women to share their experiences and thoughts. We have lived in each other's shoes and should be able to help each other over some of the rough spots of transitioning as well as just bond together in the spirit of community. There is also an email list just for Significant Others (SOs) whether you are male or female.
New York Association for Gender Rights Advocacy
- A New York membership organization that advocates, at the state and local level, self-determination in gender expression and identity.
Remembering Our Dead - Transgendered
- A website dedicated to preserving the memory of transgender individuals murdered by hate and killed by predjudice.
The Boston Transexual Menace
- New and improved, this group is returning to Massachusetts.
The Feminist Conspiracy: Flyer Gallery
- An excellent coalition of signs and flyers, including some nifty pro-trans bathroom signs to print out and spread everywhere.
The Revelation Station
- All about Jamie Kay, the Granny Tranny......a transgendered minister with a different view. Includes writings from her and others, a bio, some pics from Alaska, and many links to information and resources on a variety of relevant topics.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor