Religion and Spirituality
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Arthur Conan Doyle.
- Just as Andrew Jackson Davis was called the "John the Baptist" of Modern Spiritualism, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was called the "St. Paul" of Spiritualism. He was a prolific writer on the subject and an avid proponent. And, of course, he is renowned for his Sherlock Holmes stories.
- Primary sources for the historical study of 19th century American Spiritualism.
Joseph Rodes Buchanan.
- an American scientist, Faculty Dean and Professor in the Eclectic Medical Institute, in Covington, Kentucky, and research pioneer in psychometry. It was Joseph Buchanan who, in 1842, coined the term "psychometry" as meaning the "measuring of the soul."
Judge John Worth Edmonds.
- one of the most influential early American Spiritualists. After a great public career, as a member of both branches of the New York State Legislature and, for some time, President of the Senate and Judge of the Supreme Court of New York, he resigned the latter position on account of the outcry raised against his Spiritualistic beliefs and, especially, his support of the Fox sisters.
Phrenology, Mesmerism, and Spiritualism
- Victorian England's fascination with pseudo-sciences such as phrenology, mesmerism, and spiritualism as a cultural phenomena. By Paul Roach.
Sir Oliver Lodge.
- a world-renouned physicist and a fearless champion of survival. One could not really call him a proponent of the Spiritualist Movement, but he was, surely, an avid believer in Spiritualist concepts.
Spiritualism - The Hydesville Events.
- A brief historical perspective on the founding of the movement known as Modern Spiritualism, presented by the First Spiritual Temple, Brookline, Massachusetts.
Spiritualism from Anomalies
- Historical overview
Spiritualism in the Victorian era
- Short article on Victorian Spiritualism by Glenn Everett, Associate Professor of English, University of Tennessee at Martin - from the Victorian Web
Story of Spiritualism
- Good potted history of Spiritualism with dates and major personalities.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor