Religion and Spirituality
Submit a site
Questions on Scientology
Scientology v. Internet
Religious Studies on Scientology
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Bigot-Watch: Critics of Scientology
- Information on Lisa McPherson Trust, anti-Scientology group in Clearwater, Florida: news footage and original documents.
CAN Arises from Ashes
- Article in Freedom Magazine discussing the problems the Cult Awareness Network encountered, leading up to its bankruptcy. Describes the new CAN, the change in direction and mission of the new group.
CAN, We Hardly Knew Ye
- Dr. Anson Shupe exposes and documents corporate crime in the (old) Cult Awareness Network.
Celebrity Scientologists tell Congress of German Persecution.
- America's celebrity Scientologists are stepping up their criticism of the German government for its treatment of church followers.
Church of Scientology Human Rights Director on Poor Scholarship of Stephen A. Kent
- Article published in the Marburg Journal of Religion, covering history of religious recognitions of the Church of Scientology in various nations, and pointing out prejudice in Kent's writings about the church.
Church of Scientology: Supporting Freedom of Religion
- The controversy about Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard and the background of attempts throughout history to make leaders in science and religion feel guilty for discovering and communicating new ideas.
- Analysis by Dr.James Lewis of what a cult is, why many organizations labeled as cults are mis-categorized, with short summary of beliefs and practices on a number of these groups including Scientology.
Decision of the Administrative Court of Stuttgart on Scientology November 23 1999
- About Scientology's Status in Germany: Decision of the Administrative Court of Stuttgart, November 23 1999 recognizing Scientology as an "idealistic association"- Full text in in English
Don't tell Bill about Caligula. And Don't upset the Scientologists
- Newspaper article by Alexander Cockburn on how history will view Bill Clinton, and highlighting the irrationality of the German government attacking a church (Scientology) while paying pensions to former members of Nazi SS.
Ethnic Cleansing in Germany A Symposium
- Germany has come under fire for religious discrimination in eleven recent reports by international human rights agencies.
- Church of Scientology of Toronto Public Affairs Director, on religious intolerance in France.
Freedom Magazine article by L. Ron Hubbard
- Reprint of an article, written for Freedom in 1969 by Scientology's founder, describing psychiatric involvement in the anti-religious movement.
Freedom of Religion Alert - France 2000
- Information on attacks against freedom of religion in France where proposed law targets 173 religions including Christian denominations; related articles. Web site sponsored by Church of Scientology International.
German Court Decisions Favoring Church of Scientology
- German courts have recognized the Church of Scientology as a legitimate religion. Described by Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance.
Germany Debates Scientology
- A day after thousands of Scientologists demanded religious freedom in Germany, the Church of Scientology seeks help from the German courts.
International Outrage over German Religious Discrimination
- German officials deny discrimination despite UN criticism.
Judge Dismisses Claim in Clearwater Case
- In controversial lawsuit, judge finds Church of Scientology religious workers were acting according to Lisa McPherson's wishes, which were protected by the US Constitution.
Letter to German Ambassador to the U.S.
- Scientology Human Rights Director asks German Ambassador to the U.S. to assist in ending official government discrimination, citing German Parliament's own admission of no evidence of wrongdoing by Church.
- Factual information on Lisa McPherson.
Many Call on City, Church to Move On
- With criminal case against it dropped, most Clearwater city officials predict the Church of Scientology should continue to gain greater acceptance
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor