Religion and Spirituality
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
"Die Jiddischen Seiten" of Hagalil
- Yiddish section of the very large Hagalil site for Judaism in Central Europe, mostly in the German language.
A Bisl Yidishkayt
- Klezmer music and folios, Yiddish song and language.
Ari Davidow's Klezmer Shack
- The online world of klezmer music, and the place for klezmorim and klezmer musicians to network. And excellent directory of all things klezmer.
Avivale's Yiddish Page
- A personal web page about Yiddish.
Benny Swartzberg's Yiddish Postcard Collection
- A collection of Yiddish postcards from approximately 1905-1918.
Der Bay - Anglo-Yiddish Newsletter
- International Anglo-Yiddish newsletter with international calendar of events, news of klezmer bands, Yiddish teachers, and Yiddish clubs and translators
Der Yidisher TamTam
- From Paris, a Yiddish newspaper geared toward students of Yiddish, downloadable in PDF format.
Fischel Libermann: A Yiddish Author and Artist
- Information about Libermann and an exhibition of Libermann's Yiddish writing, sculpture, and paintings. Text is variously in English, Yiddish, and German.
Folksbiene Yiddish Theatre
- Home page for the Folksbiene Yiddish Theatre -- the oldest and the only remaining professional Yiddish theatre in the United States. Information about past and upcoming performances, links for ticket purchases, and information about the organization.
Forverts -- The Yiddish Forward
- Information about, and excerpts from, the Yiddish Forward (Der Forverts), which is the oldest and most famous Yiddish newspaper, now published weekly. Mostly in Yiddish, presented in Hebrew letters as images.
Freedman Yiddish Music Archive
- About the Robert and Molly Freedman Archive of Jewish Music at the University of Pennsylvania Library. The Freedman Yiddish Song Database, q.v., is based on this collection.
Freedman Yiddish Song Database
- Robert Freedman's database of the thousands of Jewish, mostly Yiddish, recordings which now comprise the Robert and Molly Freedman Archive of Jewish Music at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Music retailer in Los Angeles that sells recorded music (CDs, tapes), large selection of Yiddish, Cantorial, Klezmer, and Sephardic music recordings (not all shown on the web page).
How To Talk Jewish
- A humorous site that reaches into Jewish ethnicity with an alphabetical listing of popular Yiddish words and phrases along with insight into the history of the language
Jewish Short Stories from Eastern Europe and Beyond
- The National Yiddish Book Center and KCRW 89.9FM/Santa Monica, CA, radio program and cassette series hosted by Leonard Nemoy with other famous actors as the readers. and full-length Real Audio recordings of most of the stories.
Kadimah Jewish Cultural Centre and National Library
- Australia's Jewish Cultural Centre and National Library Kadimah, the major Yiddishist organization in Australia.
- Information on Yiddish-oriented organizations in Melbourne Australia by the J.Waks Cultural Centre Inc.
Khulyot: Di Velt fun Yidish
- Israeli Yiddish literary journal on the web, "Khulyot"/"Di Velt Fun Yidish"
Klezmer Online UK
- Information about Klezmer/Yiddish music especially in the UK
- Home page for an organization that's involved with Yiddish language and culture, especially through their Yiddish-language recordings and through KlezKamp, an annual Yiddish folk arts festival which they produce.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor