Religion and Spirituality
Submit a site
Hajj and Umrah Traditions
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Shafi'i catechism of faith.
Aqaa'id (True Beliefs) in Al-Islam
- Discusses the True Beliefs in Al-Islam in some detail.
Ask the Imam
- Scholars' answers to questions relating to Islamic practices and the Muslim life.
Basic Hanafi Beliefs
- Hanafi document of basic Islamic codes, translated by Hamid Algar.
Bid'ah (Innovation in Religion)
- To include anything in religion practices not made so by Allah or the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), or to do it with the hope of attaining merit or propinquity to Allah, or to follow it with the same meticulous care as a religious observance is acted upon, amounts to bid'ah. It really means grafting of a man-made system to the Divine Order of laws or creation of a state within state.
Dr. Muzzamil Siddiqi on Pakistan Link
- Dr. Muzzamil Siddiqi's answers to questions from readers.
- 'Eid means recurring happiness or festivity. The 'Eid prayer is very important for all Muslims. It has the merits of the dory prayers, the effect of the weekly convention (Jumu'ah) and the characteristics of annual reunions between Muslims.
- The Canadian Society of Muslims' site offers a range of articles and papers divided into the three legal categories of faith and belief; mundane and spiritual acts; worship and devotional practices.
- The online English translation of five of Sayyid Sabiq's popular summaries of Islamic law according to the four main schools. Includes the volumes dealing with: purification and prayer; supererogatory prayer; zakaat and fasting; funerals and dhikr; hajj and umrah.
Imaam-e-Aazam Abu Haneefah
- "He learned ilm-ul-fiqh from Hammaad ibn Abi Sulaiman. He enjoyed the companionship of many notables of the Tabiin, and of Imaam Jafar as-Saadiq. He memorized innumerable hadiths. He was brought up so as to become a great judge, but he became an imaam-ul-madh'hab. He had a superior, and amazingly keen intellect. In ilm-ul-fiqh, he attained an unequalled grade in a short time. His name and fame became world-wide..." Is about the man this site presents in great details.
Important Notes For Intending Pilgrims
- When Allah bestows His Favour on any fortunate person to perform Hajj, he should not delay at all in the execution of that duty; particularly the Fardh Hajj. Under no circumstances should it be postponed unnecessarily, because this only affords Shaytaan the opportunity to involve one in unnecessary activities which will keep him so busy that the journey to the Blessed Places is postponed or cancelled.
Islamic Family Law
- Non-Muslim site devoted to assessing the implementation of Islamic family law in Muslim and non-Muslim environments with a view to encouraging reform.
Islamic Schools of Thought
- Essay explaining the four main legal schools existing in Sunni Islam.
MECCA ( Muslim Educational & Cultural Committee Awareness)
- This site is mainly about Hadiths and Islamic Jurisprudence
Me'raaj (The Ascension)
- The Prophets sent by Allah were the most honored and revered people on earth. Among them, the greatest honour was bestowed on none other than the greatest of all creation, the Holy Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wasallam. Perhaps the most significant visual display of this superior status was his ascension (Me'raaj) to the seven skies and beyond.
Muharram & Aashoorah
- From out of the four sacred months, Muharram has been blessed with certain specific virtues. The Holy Prophet sallallahu alayhi wasallam said: The best of fasts besides the month of Ramadhaan is the fasting of Allahs month of Muharram and the best of salaat besides the fardh (compulsory) salaat is the tahajjud salaat (performed after midnight before dawn). Muslim Vol.1 Page 368
Publications of the Muslim Women's League
- Position papers and articles mainly related to Islamic legal issues.
Qaradawi on the Internet
- Sheikh Qaradawi's prolific works, including books, lectures, TV and Radio programs, and recent events and activities, on the internet.
- Any adoration (ibaadah), whether physical or pecuniary (involving wealth), can only be correct if performed strictly according to the principles of Sharee'ah. Qurbaani is also one of the ibaadaat and it will be rendered invalid if the principles laid down by the Sharee'ah are not followed precisely in its execution.
- Keeping fasts is obligatory for every Muslim who is not insane or minor. It is not proper to give up fasts without legitimate cause. According to Shariah (religious code) to abstain from eating, drinking and sexual intercourse from the time of Fajr till sun-set with an intent, is called fast.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor