Religion and Spirituality
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Benefits of Giving Zakaat
- There are many benefits mentioned in the Ahaadeeth for the one who gives his Zakaat.
H.O.M.S. - Housing Outreach for Muslim Sisters
- A temporary shelter for homeless Muslim women and their children in an Islamic environment.
Islam and Charity
- After Imaan, Salaat is the most important act of worship which has to be performed bodily and Zakaat is the main act of worship which is to be performed monetarily. Salaat and Zakaat has been mentioned together many times in the Qur'aan: " . . and establish regular Salaat and give regular Zakaat".
Islamic American Relief Agency
- IARA-USA is a non-profit organization devoted to human relief and participatory development. From orphan sponsorships to clean water and refugee aid, IARA works with more than 30 International Partners to provide aid quickly and efficiently.
- Make donations to help poor Muslims around the world by searcing through The-Islam portal.
- Islamic Relief is a registered charity which sponsors orphans through both a general fund and one to one sponsorship. It also offer the facility of online donations to other Islamic Relief projects.
Masaa'il (Laws & Rules) pertaining to Zakaat
- Zakaat is essential and compulsory for one who possesses 612 grams of silver or about 88 grams of gold and one year has Passed over it and remains with him unused or consumed. If the quantity is less than this, then Zakaat will not be compulsory.
Muslim Hands Website
- International relief organisation providing aid to victims of poverty and disaster in particular by establishing long-term projects
Sadaqa Donations Online
- Submit your donations online, to be used for dawah and sadaqa dispersement by Muttaqun OnLine.
- Any Muslim who has so much that Zakaat is due on him or on whom Zakaat is not essential but has goods more than his need on whose value Zakaat could be due, whether the property is for trade or not and whether a year has passed on it or not, it is essential for him to give Sadqah on Eid day and this charity is called Sadqa-e-Fitr.
Who Is Entitled To Receive Zakaat?
- One who does not possess so much of wealth or has very little even to be sufficient for one day, he is called a poor. Paying to and receiving by such persons of Zakaatt money is in order and permissible.
Withholdin Zakaat - Consequences in the Hereafter
- And those who hoard gold and silver and do not spend it in the way of Allah, give them tidings of a painful punishment. On that day it (i.e. the wealth) will be heated in the fire of Jahannam, then their foreheads and their flanks and their backs will be branded therewith and (it will be said to them): Here is (the treasure) which you hoarded for yourselves. Now taste that which you had been hoarding." (9:34-35)
Withholding Zakaat - Consequences in this world
- Rasoolullah Sallallahu alayhi wasallam has warned us fourteen hundred years ago, against all those evil practices which bring calamities and afflictions in this world.
Zakaat - Charity
- Zakaat is one of the five fundamentals of Islaam. The Prophet sallallahu alayhi wasallam said: Islaam is founded on Five Pillars: bearing witness that there is no God but Allah, and Muhammad Sallallahu alayhi wasallam is His servant and apostle; establishment of Salaat; paying of Zakaat; performance of Hajj; and fasting in Ramadhaan.
Zakaat On Produce Of Land
- If anyone inherits such Ushree land from his ancestors or purchases it from a Muslim who held it as Ushree, then Zakaat is essential on whatever is produced in the land.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor