Religion and Spirituality
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Days of Qurbaani & Time for Qurbaani
- The days of Qurbaani are the tenth, eleventh and twelfth of Zil Hijjah.
Masnoon Method of Sacrifice
- It is more virtuous to slaughter the animal with one's own hands. If one does not know how to slaughter, it is preferred that he remain present while someone else is sacrificing the animal.
On Whom is Qurbaani Waajib?
- Qurbaani is waajib on every Muslim who is of sound mind, mature (who has reached the age of puberty), Muqeem (i.e. he is not a shar'ee traveler) and possesses the amount of fifty two and half tolas of silver (i.e. 612,36 grams) or wealth equivalent to that value which is in excess of one's aslee (basic) needs.
- Any adoration (ibaadah), whether physical or pecuniary (involving wealth), can only be correct if performed strictly according to the principles of Sharee'ah. Qurbaani is also one of the ibaadaat and it will be rendered invalid if the principles laid down by the Sharee'ah are not followed precisely in its execution.
Qurbaani on Behalf of the Deceased
- If one has been favoured by Allah with wealth, then he should also perform Qurbaani on behalf of Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam, his Sahaabah, his Ummah, the prophets and for his own living or deceased relatives, fiends and teachers who have conveyed Deeni knowledge during one's lifetime.
- Provides information about Qurbani, sacrifice in Islam. Eid-Ul-Adha Qurbani commemorates Prophet Abraham's sacrifice of Prophet Ismail on Allah's orders.
The Command for Qurbaani is for All Muslims
- The Qurbaani has been made waajib (incumbent) upon the whole Ummah and not only upon the pilgrims. Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam, the Sahaabah radhiyallahu anhum, Taabi'een and the whole of the Ummah all over have kept up this waajib steadfastly through all ages. It is a command of Allah to all, be they in Makkah, Madinah or any other part of the globe.
The History of Qurbaani
- Although Qurbaani had been ordained an ibaadah from the time of Adam alayhis Salaam, special importance was attached to it only after an incident which took place with Ibraaheem alayhis salaam, and consequently it was made waajib (incumbent) in the Sharee'ah of Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wasallam in his memory.
The Qurbaani Animal
- It is permissible to offer in sacrifice a goat or she-goat, sheep of all kinds, cow, bull, buffalo or camel.
The Qurbaani meat and skin
- It is permissible to eat the Qurbaani meat. It can also be distributed to relatives and friends whether wealthy or poor, Muslims or non-Muslims. It is better to divide it into three parts. One for the family, one for relatives and friends and one for the poor and needy.
Virtues of Qurbaani
- Aaishah radhiyallahu anhaa narrates that Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam said: "There is nothing dearer to Allah during the days of Qurbaani than the sacrificing of animals. The sacrificed animal shall come on the Day of Judgement with its horns, hair, and hooves (to be weighed). The sacrifice is accepted by Allah before the blood reaches the ground. Therefore sacrifice with an open and happy heart."
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor