Religion and Spirituality
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Brief Look at the Lutheran Church
- Traces Lutheranism's story from the beginning, with the American migration detailed, especially concerning The Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod.
Concordia Historical Institute
- Department of Archives and History of the Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod: large archive of artifacts and information on American Lutheranism. Online catalog, more.
- A brief analysis of the inroads made by Calvinists in the Lutheran Reformation, especially through Melanchthon and the Philippists, and its rejection in the Formula of Concord.
German Lutheran Pietism and Justification
- Studies how the early stages of the movement understood the foundational theology of Lutheranism. Includes political and religious background and special emphases on faith and sanctification.
History, Archaeology and Jesus by Paul L. Maier
- Extra-biblical references to Christ and to people named in the New Testament.
Jesus: Legend or Lord?
- Examines New Testament the possibility of Christ's miracles in light of reaction to them, including place names and reactions by opponents as well as followers.
Lutheran Historical Conference
- Fostering cooperation among people and institutions concerned with research, documentation and preservation of the resources pertaining to the history of Lutheranism in North America.
- Traces the theological development of the Lutheran Church from its pre-Reformation roots onward.
Missing Bible Discovered
- Describes finding of Tyndale first English translation in Lutheran archives at Württemberg State Library, Stuttgart, Germany.
Mystery Surrounds Find of "Luther Bible"
- Review of research whether annotations in Bible at Wittenberg archive are by the reformer or a student.
Odin: Christianity in Norway
- London, 994 A.D. Kneeling at the baptismal font is Olav Tryggvason, a Norwegian-born Viking. Twice, he and his men have conquered Southeast England, and twice King Ethelred of England had to pay a huge ransom to get the Vikings to return their spoils. But now Olav Tryggvason has become a Christian.
- Writings of Martin Luther, Paul Gerhardt and other Lutherans in English translation.
- Analysis of the theological reasons for the 16th century reform movements and the matters that divided the reformers.
The Lutheran Difference
- Examines the difference made upon American society, culture, and religion by the Church and speculates as to possible future impact.
The Survival of True Lutheranism
- Essay traces Lutheran thought from the Reformation through Melanchthon, the Book of Concord, Chemnitz, the Age of Orthodoxy, Pietism and Rationalism, the Confessional Renewal, and into the 20th century.
The Times and Places of Jesus
- Paul L. Maier emphasizes the temporal and geographic locatedness of Christ, as opposed to mythical reference points and unsure chronologies.
- Chronology of persons and events involved in the Reformation from Saint Armands Key Lutheran Church, Sarasota, Florida.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor